Maybe Senioritis Isn't A Bad Thing

by: kberg

Ever since November when I received my acceptance letter to my top school, I just wanted the year to be over.  I would have done anything to press the fast forward to the first day of college, but instead I have had to endure the never ending school year.  People have told me that senior year "flies by", but instead it has slowly creeped along as I have been counting down the days until summer. So I have learned to use senioritis to it's full advantage in order to get through the rest of the school year.  Although senioritis may be viewed as an excuse for the laziness we all discover our senior year, I have learned to take full advantage of this disease that has seemed to plague us all.  I have learned that doing homework at home is almost physically impossible.  I just don't have the patience, brain capacity, or will power to do it.  Because of this problem I have learned to take advantage of the time in class to finish all my homework during school.  Although some things like youthvoices are usually done at the very last minute on Sunday (which usually turns into technically Monday) I never really have homework.  This disease of senioritis has somehow given me the best grades I have received all four years at Judge.  The only depressing part of this disease is that after the end of this year, I will have to work extremely hard in college.  So I think for all of us seniors in our last quarter we should chill and enjoy being able to use senioritis as an excuse because when we get to college we wont have any excuses to give.

Dear Kiersten I really found

Submitted by eguaman on Thu, 2010-04-29 08:42.

Dear Kiersten

I really found your post very interesting because I never really heard of senioritis until the beggning of the senior year.  Since our school is a brand new school and we are the first class to graduate from this school its a lot of stuff we dont really know because we dont have seniors to see them go through it which would so make it easier for us.  But I understand what you mean with that senioritis helps you do better in school and your grades are higher then ever.  Maybe I have it to or not but I know that so are my grades.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is "So I think for all of us seniors in our last quarter we should chill and enjoy being able to use senioritis as an excuse because when we get to college we wont have any excuses to give."  I picked this sentence because I completly agree with you that we need to chill the last quarter of the senior year because we have a huge school career ahead of us, going to college and having this imense amount of work in our hands that we have to complete, and failing in college is nto an option so  its very scary to think that after working our asses off through highschool we have triple the amount of work and difficulty level waiting for us in college.

Another sentence that I enjoyed reading was "Ever since November when I received my acceptance letter to my top school, I just wanted the year to be over."  Although I did not recieve my acceptance letter until like february, I still wanted the school yeqar to just end because I wanted it to be summer so I can enjoy my summer have some fun and be ready to go into college and start what is the beginning of my career.  I was so excited that I had gotten into my college top choice that I wanted to just go the same day that I got the letter and have a great and fun time.  But I hav to also do good in school because I heard that if your grades go down this year the school will see your final transcript and will drop you if you go down.  So I did very good in my classes till like now until like april may and I started to get very lazy, and according to my parents and teachers its a NO NO.

I agree with you that we should be taking it much easier now because we are seniors and we need to chill on this we got into the colleges we wanted that was the point of the high school year anyways right, to get into college, so if the mission or the objective was complete why still go further, how about just wait until we graduate or graduate the minute that we get our acceptance letters right?  But I guess it also makes sense to finish the school year to go into college the same time as all the college freshmen.

Thnaks for writing this post, I hope to seeing what else you write about this or any other topic.

Edgar,  I agree that you

HLee's picture
Submitted by HLee on Thu, 2010-04-29 08:53.

Edgar,

I agree that you agree with the quote: ""So I think for all of us seniors in our last quarter we should chill and enjoy being able to use senioritis as an excuse because when we get to college we wont have any excuses to give." It's really true. I remember people warning me by saying that college isn't easy and even if we want to slack off we can't. Also they told me sleep is hard to get in college since some lazy habits are still with us. I hope that doesn't happen to me.