The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner was a very good book, because it was jammed packed with action, suspense, and mystery and was a very hard book to put down. It takes place in the center of a maze called the Glade where people were put by the creators of the maze and the people in there don't remember anything, not even there names. A boy named Thomas is sent up by the creators and Thomas doesn't know it yet but hes going to change everything. Thomas later meets his friend chuck who is much younger than the others, Alby the leader, Newt the co-leader, and gally his enemy. With many things and trials in the way of Thomas he and the rest of the Gladers have to find there way out of the maze.

Maze Runner response

sydney16's picture
Submitted by sydney16 on Wed, 2015-01-14 12:26.

I read this book, and enjoyed it. Like you said, it was difficult to put down, there being a good hook in the first page where Thomas is basically reborn into this new world where he doesn't know anything but his name. This makes the reader curious about who he is, why he's there, and what is going on. Other than the creators and the grievers being antagonists, the author made Gally an antagonist to create tension between the characters so that the book is more exciting as a whole while the characters try to fix their main problem. I noticed that the story was very much good vs evil, with the creators being evil and most of the gladers being good. Was there something that you found to be interesting in the book?

I remember reading this book

Submitted by Luke H on Wed, 2015-01-14 18:46.

I remember reading this book last year.  It was a great book and there wasn't much detail about what was happening outside of the 'Maze Trials' by the author.  This was suprisingly my favorite book of the the series, considering it in my opinion, the book with the most suspense, character tensions, and the unknown details about WICKED.  I recommend that you read the Scorch Trials and then The Death, both with packed action.