Mila 2.0 By: Debra Driza

by: 17zhul

Mila started out living with her mother in a small Minnesota town when the lie started unraveling. It all started with a fire that took away her father, and then sent her mother and her to live in a small town. She was never meant to learn the truth, or even who she was, or what she was made of. She wasn't supposed to remember what happened in the past since she was built in a computer science lab and programmed to be able to do what ordinary humans couldn't. One big issue is that she wasn't even meant to be a human, yet her "mother" decided to steal Mila away and let her have a real life, outside of being a killing machine. She has no choice but to run since everybody is after her. This is one of the greatest sci-fi books I have ever read!

An idea that I liked about this book is that it's sci-fi and it has a lot of action in it. Throughout the book, so many events were just tossed at me. I like it when so many things are going on in a book because it shows how well or how bad the author can write when trying to organize her thoughts. But I thought Debra Driza did an amazing job writing everything. Everything may not be entirely detailed, but i don't always like it when it's detailed, since i love books that are just never ending action and events that could lead to the main characters life or death (pretty dramatic).

I really liked this book because of the idea that was presented throughout the book. Another thing that was presented throughout the book is that even machines can become more human than they expect to. For example, she is a killing machine for the war, yet she even developed her own memories from the lab even though her "mother", Nicole, erased all of the memories. I thought this book was just absolutely amazing. I really recommend people to read this book. It's pretty long (470 pages) but it's totally worth it. I give it a rating of 10 out of 10!