Minochios Dilemma

I created the Scratch animation Ethical Story: Minochios Dillema as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story that teaches the person who interacts with it about how to be kind and do the right things in society and in life.

My story is about a boy named Minnochio who really wants this candy but doesn’t have enough money to buy it. The player of my interactive story then gets to choose whether or not they want to steal the candy. If they reply no, Minnochio urges them to let him take it, yet again if they still reply no, Minochio says sorry to the deli owner about pestering him and bothering him about the candy. This was the right decision and at the end of the story you see a black screen with white text saying how you have made the right decisions in this story. If in the beginning you say yes you run off with the candy and the deli owner runs after you. Then he asks you what you were doing. Minochio replies saying he was just about to leave, and then the deli owner demands his fathers phone number because he realized Minochio was trying to steal candy. Then the father comes learns the story further more and punishes Minochio. At the end of the screen after you made the wrong decision, you get a black screen that says how you have made the wrong choices.

My story was inspired by people in society being less honest. It inspired me to make an interactive story about honesty to help people in this ever changing society learn what is right and learn what is wrong.I think I was successful in creating my story because I believe I brought my point across to the player. I didn’t as well as I hoped make my characters as neat as I would have like to, but with my artistic skills I can never really ask for that much. Considering how bad I am at making Scratch programs I feel that I did the best that I could with the time that I had. I put in as much effort as I could and I think that it will pay off.

I Guess I Mad?

16rahmanm's picture
Submitted by 16rahmanm on Wed, 2012-01-04 14:54.

A rather funny project, very funny dialogue. Wish there were less glitches, but a solid project.

OK not bad

16DAlessandroM's picture
Submitted by 16DAlessandroM on Wed, 2012-01-04 15:02.

Pretty good and a good story. The on problem in it is the amount of glitches causing the game not to work. Besides that it is a pretty good game.

Lot of Glitches

Submitted by 16mendietaa on Wed, 2012-01-04 15:03.

the story was good but there were a lot of glitches in the game but i enjoyed the funny dialogue and your drawings were decent

Nice Story

16chungk's picture
Submitted by 16chungk on Wed, 2012-01-04 15:06.

The story line is good and the dialogues are funny, but there are too much waiting time between each dialogue and action. Maybe they're glitches?

GAME REVIEW

16abdelrahmanm's picture
Submitted by 16abdelrahmanm on Wed, 2012-01-04 17:26.

I liked how you made the story funny. I noticed that the game had many glitches and it was annoying. You could work on the game a little more and try re-uploading it. I see that the ethical dilema was a good choice.

Fine up to a certain point

16parhamr's picture
Submitted by 16parhamr on Tue, 2012-01-24 15:57.

I read everyone else's comments saying that the dialogue is funny, but I cannot get past the first question the boy asks. I chose both A and B, but the story will not continue after that. It might be the project or my computer, I cannot say which

Few time errors, but good.

Submitted by 17mahmuds on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:47.

This story had a meaningful lesson that taught me a lot. The ethical dilemma was basically about a kid who is struggling between if he should steal the candy/chocolate bar or not.