Modern-Day Witch Hunts

by: cniegos

People knows what is the idea of witchcraft, but they don’t know the true meaning of it. Modern-Day Witch is the act of unfairly looking for and punishing people who are accused of having opinions that are believed to be dangerous or evil. Most people think that witch hunt isn’t real and a myth that still uncover. It is just an urban legend that have many speculations that are falsely untrue. Unfortunately, these belief set an alarming perspective that still occurred around the world where innocent people are attacked and killed accused of being a witchcraft. In the article around modern-day witch hunt talks about accusations of witchcraft that can lead to torture and murder which were authorities alarmed.
In the village of Papua New Guinea, attacks on people accused of practicing witchcraft were usually committed against women but turned to increasingly targeted men. There are cases that involved the killings and beatings of male victims due to false accusation of witchcraft. In the recent cases, the perpetrators are believed to be a group of young men who dropped out of school and remain unemployed. The Boys may be jealous of other men in the community who are more successful, and may feel rage against their own community because of their own disadvantaged social and economic situations. Moreover, the Boys used marijuana and drank tea made from a plant called the angel's trumpet. The drink "is a very powerful hallucinogen, that often produces violent fantasies and reactions. The lack of response from the local police to the attacks also creates the impression of impunity, which exacerbates the issue of violence even more. When attempting to explain witchcraft-related violence, "the thing to look for is the nature of social and economic relationships between the various people involved.
Society builds a barrier that leads to separation of class of people. Sometimes, the form of how society works categorizing various types of people who are greedy and envious people that put down less fortunate or prosperous people which correlate to the article. Other people exaggerate just to ruin other people’s lives, they think mystical and act skeptical and it’s just foolish and sad.

This is a really interesting

Submitted by frankynevin on Fri, 2016-03-25 10:52.

This is a really interesting post. It was such interesting read with really cool facts! There were a few grammatical errors but a quick but thorough reread would fix that!

This is a really interesting

Submitted by frankynevin on Fri, 2016-03-25 13:12.