Money

by: mshah

These are the three most important stories that happened in my life. All the three stories are related with each other. It;s all about money.

I care about money now. When I was a 15, I lost $300. It was my friend’s money. It made me realize that you should never play with someone else belonging. Always take care of other’s belonging if it was given to u to hold it. The money was  my friend Ramone’s and he told me to hold the money for a day because he was going to work and didn’t wanted to take the money with him. He told me he would come to me at night or next day to get the money. Next morning, Ramone rang on my door.
Ramone: Hey man, what’s good?
Me: Hey buddy, good morning....what you doing here 7  in the morning?
Ramone: Yeah I know...sorry to ring your door early, I m here to get the cash I gave you    
                yesterday.
Me: oh, I got you.... come inside, I’ll get you your cash.
Ramone: Thank you man... I was going to come last night but I got out of work late and I didn’t   
                feel like bothering you
Me: It’s all lright, give me two minutes I’ll be right back.  ( I walk upstairs to my room to get my   
        wallet, because i left the money there)

When I go in my room for my wallet, it wasn't there. I’ve lost his money. He turned so red like fire of hell because it was his salary. I lost the money because when he gave me that wallet full of money bills, i left the wallet in the restaurant's restroom. Since then I started carrying  about money because I used to waste  them like tissue papers. I never carried change on my pocket, like nickles and dimes and stuff, always money bills. When the MTA raised their single ride fair from $2 to $2.25 cents, I was not aware of it. I was coming home from Manhattan and I had only $2. when I went to the machine its said that its $2.25 for a ride. I had no change on me. I was so disappointed because I thought caring change was just annoying but no its actually useful. Its money too but just in change. since then I never throw out change, always keep it with me. And the MTA has raised their single ride metro card from $2.25 to $2.50.

This post was

Submitted by GSoukup on Thu, 2011-01-20 23:15.

This post was interesting...

"Since then I started carrying  about money because I used to waste  them like tissue papers." I know how you feel with spending your money like it never ends. I used to buy everything because I could. It seemed fun to buy things. New things were amazing and it felt good to have new stuff. I learned to manage my money and pace myself because money does have an end, and I was rushing right into the end zone...

" When I go in my room for my wallet, it wasn't there. I’ve lost his money. He turned so red like fire of hell because it was his salary. I lost the money because when he gave me that wallet full of money bills, i left the wallet in the restaurant's restroom." 300.00$...That is not cool. Ive lost...maybe 20$ and that was painful. But 300? That is really rough...Why didnt you leave it at home? Why was your wallet out in the bathroom? What happened afterwards?

Your post got me thinking more about spending my money and getting more curious about how the money was lost.