Money Can be Selfless Power

by: mennor

There are so many athletes with millions of dollars in the world. I personally believe they are overly paid just for playing a few games. It’s quite difficult to find athletes who are truly involved within their community. A player who truly stands out to me due to his efforts in helping out is Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow is the quarterback for the Denver Broncos. He was born in the Philippines while his parents were attending one of their missionary works. While pregnant, Tebow’s mother suffered an infection with pathogenic amoeba. Due to the drugs used to stop the infectious disease, Tebow’s mother was advice to terminate her pregnancy. She refused to go with the proposal, thus Timothy Richard Tebow was born. Growing up, Tim Tebow was home-schooled. Youngest of 5 children, he showed extreme potential and talent. In 1996, a law was passed which allowed home-schooled Florida residents to participate in high school sport activities. Tebow was given the opportunity to play for the Trinity Christian Academy and Nease. Soon, he was becoming the talk of the town. As Tim Tebow was given the opportunity to play for the Florida Gators and eventually the Denver Broncos, he started his foundation known as the “Tim Tebow Foundation”. This foundation helps children in an orphanage in the Philippines, a cancer center for children, and round trips to Disney World for disadvantage children.
Tim Tebow uses his wealth to help other people reach happiness in their life. He dedicates his time off-season to help make disabled civilians’ dreams come true. His dedication to help bringing a smile to every one's face makes Tim Tebow an iconic person. I still have yet to see a flaw in this young football player. He inspires me to be selfless and help those in need. Tim Tebow helps prove that money can bring selfless power.

Sweet Post!

Submitted by robric on Mon, 2012-03-05 21:47.

Dear Nordalys,

I loved your post "Money Can be Selfless Power," because I like that there are people out their that care about the people and give back to their communities.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “I personally believe they are overly paid just for playing a few games.” I think this is absolutely true because all their doing is playing a game. Sure some are good and earned the money they get, but it’s a lot. We could use that money to help our country get out of debt or end world hunger; who knows? The possibilities are endless.

Another sentence that I liked was: “Tim Tebow helps prove that money can bring selfless power.” This stood out for me because what Tim Tebow has done a lot for the orphans in the Philippines and brought happiness to their lives.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I really enjoyed this post and you have great ideas to write about.

Dear Mennor, I loved your

Submitted by delgen on Wed, 2012-03-07 12:29.

Dear Mennor,

I loved your post “ Money Can Be Selfless Power” because I think Tim Tebow isn’t getting enough recognition for what a real athlete should be like and should get paid for. I never quite understood why athletes get paid so much money; most athletes get paid more than most people that went to college and worked hard. One sentence you wrote that stood out to me is “I personally believe they are overly paid just for playing a few games.I personally believe they are overly paid just for playing a few games.” There should be no reason why an athlete is getting paid more than a person that went to college for 8 years for having fun playing a few games and doing a few interviews. Athletes like Tim Tebow actually deserve their pay because they’re actually giving back to the world with all that money they make.

Another sentence you wrote that I liked was “ His dedication to help bringing a smile to every one's face makes Tim Tebow an iconic person” because i agree with it. I think it is safe to say that Tim Tebow isn’t any regular athlete. He’s “THE” athlete.

i enjoyed your post, i think it is very different and smart of you to post something like this. i will definitely continue reading your post