Moses!!!!!!!!

by: mortiz

In English my name means taken out, drawn forth.

I got my name from my great grandfather.

My father name me this name because he thinks that I'm close to God somehow, but I know my name means something more meaningful because he didn't name me this name for no reason.

My name means saviour and it is of hebrew origin.

I love my name because my dad had no clue what to name me until my uncle said, "Look at Moses’s shirt from back in the day.” And that's where my dad got my name from.

E.l.A

ctaveras's picture
Submitted by ctaveras on Fri, 2014-10-10 10:09.

Dear Moses:

I am amazed with your poem"Moses!!!!!!!!," because your name is really nice and the meanings of your name is really interesting

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I know my name means something more meaningful because he didn't name me this name for no reason." I think this is clever because its actually very true and now i'm more curious on why my parents named me that name because they didn't name me Catherin for no reason

Another sentence that I enjoyed was "I got my name from my great grandfather. " This stood out for me because its kinda like a tradition for the grandparents or great grandparents to name the baby but that's what I heard.

Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my mom told me about my name she said my great grandmother named my cousin Katherine and I never got to see my great grandmother she died a few weeks before I was born so when I was born Catherin is the name she wanted.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your poem was really amazing and I bet when you post something else it would be equally as amazing.