A Mother’s Love

by: ALopez

One night, a couple was traveling on by car from Oakland to LA when at a far distance they saw a woman in the middle of the road, waving at them.

The wife told her husband to keep driving because it might be too dangerous, but the husband decided to pass by slowly so he wouldn’t stay with the doubt on his mind of what might have happened and the chances of anyone being hurt. As they got closer, they noticed a woman with cuts and bruises on her face as well as on her arms. They then decided to stop and see if they could be of any help.

The cut and bruised woman begging for help telling them that she had been in a car accident and that her husband and son, a newborn baby, were still inside the car which was in a deep ditch. She told them that her husband was already dead but her baby seemed to still be alive.

The husband that was traveling decided to get down and try to rescue the baby and he asked the hurt woman to stay with his wife inside their car. When he got down he noticed two people in the front seats of the car but he didn’t pay any importance to it and took out the baby quickly and got up to take the baby to the women. When he got up, he didn’t see the woman anywhere so he asked his wife where she had gone. She told him that the woman followed him back to the crashed car.

When the husband went back to look for her, he noticed that the couple in the front seats were dead, one of whom was unmistakably the women who flagged them down. The couple that was traveling then realize the love of that mother for her baby.

Dear Ariana Lopez I am

mvalerio's picture
Submitted by mvalerio on Fri, 2014-10-31 14:34.

Dear Ariana Lopez
I am terrified about your story " A Mother Love" because the story was about someone getting hurt and it was really sad about what happen in the story and for me it was kind of scary.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “They then decided to stop and see if they could be of any help”, because if I was the man that was helping the hurt woman I will just pass through and keep going because that woman might be dangerous and could kill someone.
Another sentence that stand out for me is The cut and bruised woman begging for help telling them that she had been in a car accident and that her husband and son, a newborn baby, were still inside the car which was in a deep ditch. This stood out for me because the man wanted to help but like I said I would leave, I won’t look at the woman because she had a car accident and the person that is going to help will have blood everywhere and that might be dangerous.
Your story reminds me of something that happened to me. One time that my family and I were going to my uncle house and when we was close to his house and we saw a little girl that was standing in front of the road so my dad was about to help and I told my mom not to help because it look like she had Ebola and so what my family did we just look at her and kept going because she had blood everywhere around her body.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like your story but at the same time it was really scary and it was really sad to me

A Mothers Love:

Submitted by jakala on Thu, 2014-11-06 11:38.

Dear ALopez:

I am the start made me wonder what was gonna happen next, thinking to myself if the lady was a ghost or spirit. The reason it made me start to wonder was because of the way you described the lady, she had cuts, bruises, and scratches. You don’t just see a lady with cuts, bruises, and scratches in the middle of the night on the highway.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: " As they got closer, they noticed a woman with cuts and bruises on her face as well as on her arms." I think this is a very interesting sentence and made me wonder a lot cause you don’t just see a lady at night with cuts, bruises, and scratches, so you have to be careful especially at night.
Another sentence that I was: " When he got up, he didn’t see the woman anywhere so he asked his wife where she had gone.." This stood out for me because the woman was right behind him and then she just disappeared.

Your reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my mother and i were driving in the Allentown, Pennsylvania and a guy was standing on the sidewalk asking if someone could give him a ride. I asked my mom why don’t you give him a ride, she replied because you never know if he’s just acting to steal our car and hurt us. I asked how can you be so sure, she answered i’m not but that’s not a risk i wanna take especially with you in the car. That’s what this story reminded me of.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this story was very interesting and really caught my eye. I can only imagine how many of your other story’s will be this good.Lopez: