My Everyday Hero

A hero by definition is characters who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness, display courage and the will for self sacrifice for some greater good of all humanity. I don´t think that´s the real definition of hero or heroism, I think a hero is someone that do something extraordinary for others or society whit good intentions and without expecting something in exchange.

I think my everyday hero is mother Teresa of Calcutta because she was a person that besides she don´t have much resources she tried to always help poor people, by giving them a place to live, food and or medical attention. Another thing that amazed me is that her charity and humility cross large barriers in the way that, if she was very sick she don´t matter it, and instead she don´t stop helping others without expecting receiving something in change even gratitude.

I select Mother Teresa because I think a hero should be someone that do something extraordinary for others, NOT EXPECTING SOMETHING IN CHANGE, and also someone who live with the grace of God and work for others no matter the circumstances, and also a hero for me is someone that do thinks that no one wants to do or experience, and my hero is the only person I can think fills the patterns of heroism.

Thankyou,

God bless mother Teresa!!!

General Discussion

olsocart's picture
Submitted by olsocart on Tue, 2013-10-01 22:25.

I am impressed with your post, "My Everyday Hero," because I think that it is great that someone can be that committed to a religion. I also think that your definition for hero is the best way to describe a hero. Mother Theresa is a great example for a hero.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I don´t think that´s the real definition of hero or heroism, I think a hero is someone that do something extraordinary for others or society whit good intentions and without expecting something in exchange." I think this is great because your not using the given definition, you are using a definition that you think fits.

Another sentence that I enjoyed was: "I think my everyday hero is mother Teresa of Calcutta because she was a person that besides she don´t have much resources she tried to always help poor people, by giving them a place to live, food and or medical attention." Is stood out for me because it shows not only who you chose but also what she did and why you picked her.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I started to realize who my hero is. I was at a summer camp and we were having a discussion on what God meant to us. I realized that he has done great things. It really helped me realized that God is my everyday hero.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your post was short and to the point. It never got boring. It was also very interesting.