My first block fight

by: jbernabe

I remember my first block fight. It all started when I went back to my old school, MS 80 to see my old friends from elementary school. I was walking out of the train and I saw my friends in the street by the train station. I hugged my friend and her girlfriend got jealous and wanted to fight me. When I got home, she texted me and said “I wanna fight”. I told her “I’m not fighting you ,that’s corny.” When I got home her cousin hit me up on the phone saying “she wanna fight you” I just told her “oh, ok lets fight”.

After school they text me saying” come outside we are here, I wanna fight”. So I told them that I’m waiting for my cousin to come. They asked me “why am I waiting for my cousin?”. I said because I’m not going outside by myself to get jump. So I waited 10 minutes, then my cousins came. When I was coming outside of the building ,I tied my hair up. When I saw the girl that I was going to fight, I was feeling shaky and nervous. I really didn't really know why I was feeling like that. I was walking and I told her lets fight up the block because I didn't want to fight in front of my building.

So we got up the block, she punched me and then I grabbed her hair and started to punch her and broke her glasses. I got her to the floor and the people got in to pull us apart. When I got up I saw all the people fighting. I didn't know what was happening.

The lesson I learned is sometimes in life you need to defend yourself …..

I agree that sometimes we

Submitted by Anonymous on Thu, 2014-05-22 16:07.

I agree that sometimes we have to defend ourselves, but I also wonder if fighting is the best way to do that? If all it took was to bust someone upside the head in order to get them to listen wouldn't a lot of problems in the world be solved by just hitting someone? Before fists there are words and you can defend yourself with your words. Give your words power, like you are doing now by sharing your story. Save your hands for a last resort. 

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture
Submitted by YSanchez on Mon, 2014-06-16 13:25.

DEAR J Bernabe

I like your post, MY First Block Fight, because you can't let anyone bully you or make them think that they can do with you whatever they want .good that you stick up for yourself. One sentence you wrote that stand out for me is: “come outside we are here, I wanna fight” I think that this is a good story because don't let anyone f********* with you .You gotta let these B*********** know you not P******** and that you can stand up for yourself .that you have ecan stand up for you .

Another sentence that I liked was “ she punched me and then i grabbed her hair and started tp punch her and broke her glasses.” This stood out for me because im happy that you beat her up .

I do agree with you that you shouldn't let people think that you are weak. You have to show them that you’re not scared even if you scared you shouldn't let them think that . Good for you that you defended yourself.One reason I say this is because sometime people look for trouble for no reason with you because they think you’re not going to fight back . when you beat them up they were surprised.Another reason i agree with you is because all the bullying that is happening in this world. i think that it was a good idea that the fight was in your block because then if they try to jump you can have your people defend you or your family .

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

DEAR J Bernabe I like your

YSanchez's picture

DEAR J Bernabe

block fight comment

grodriguez's picture
Submitted by grodriguez on Thu, 2014-06-19 11:03.

I am interested with your post because it is good the way you defend your self. Also it is smart of you to wait for your cousins so you would not get jumped.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "I told them that I’m waiting for my cousin to come". I think that was smart because you would get jumped and to call them for back up is smart.

Another sentence that I saw was After school they text me saying” come outside we are here, I wanna fight”.This stood out for me because the same thing happened to me.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. Some boy that I had beef with wanted to fight so we went to the courts to fight. He wanted to fight cause some girl.He swung at me and I slammed him and punched him in the face.

Thanks I look forward to seeing what you write next time. This post was intresting

Thats horrible! I think that

18svirinavichyusn's picture
Submitted by 18svirinavichyusn on Wed, 2014-10-01 12:51.

Thats horrible! I think that it is horrible that you had to fight someone. I think that people should resolve their problems verbally. I think that if you had to resolve a problem with someone that it shouldn't be violently. I personally never purposely fought someone. I haven't even seen a fight!
I know a lot of people fight out on the street in my school yet, I try to avoid people who fight. I think that if it is possible to resolve a problem with a person verbally that should be your first choice. I do think that if there was no other way to get out of the fight, you should have defended yourself but, I think that the girl who wanted to fight had a very bad reason to fight! I think fights should be serious problems and that didn't seem like a very important problem.