My first earthquake

by: GauravMD

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

My first Earthquake

I am middle school student living in Maryland and this is my podcast. My podcast is about the time when there was an earthquake in Maryland. It wasn’t that big but it was special because it was my first earthquake. It begins when I am just watching TV when the couch and the TV starts shaking and I realize that us is an earthquake. Then my sister goes outside to get my dad and I follow her, and she starts crying and all the neighbors come out of their homes. This was rated 3.8 which isn’t big but it was my first.

The process we went through was first we brainstormed about the ideas. Then we wrote them in a script format. Then we recorded it in our laptops using the blue snowball. After we had a good recording we edited them we got our sounds from ccmixter.com and freesounds.org. Then we listened to our podcasts and critic them.

Shaking Ground

MrHodgson's picture
Submitted by MrHodgson on Thu, 2011-09-22 18:24.

You did a nice job on your podcast, and I appreciated the description of how you put it together. I wonder if your class might create a tutorial for other students? Sorry you got so shaken up, but at least you got a good story out of it.
Mr. Hodgson
Southampton, MA

I am glad that you liked my

Submitted by GauravMD on Wed, 2011-10-05 19:04.

I am glad that you liked my podcast Mr. Hodgson. If I can I will ask my teacher and create a tutorial.

Gaurav

MD

Dear GauravMD: I really like,

Submitted by 15CERTUCHEN on Fri, 2011-09-23 10:36.

Dear GauravMD:

I really like, and understand your post, "My First Earthquake" because well I too went through it, and I shook me up. I live in New York and it was intense because everyone first assumed it was a terrorist attack.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "It begins when I am just watching TV when the couch and the TV starts shaking and I realize that us is an earthquake." I think this is funny because when i was in my living room, i felt the table shaking and since i like on the top floor of my apartment building, I was pretty spooked.

I do agree with you that it was prety special being in an earthquake, and one reason I say this is because I've been through many natural disaters, but it was awesome to be in an earthquake.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it was really interesting to see other people's rections to the earthquake.

Dear Gaurav: I liked your

Submitted by justing on Fri, 2011-09-23 11:16.

Dear Gaurav:

I liked your post titled

NYC too

ashleym's picture
Submitted by ashleym on Fri, 2011-09-23 12:58.

Dear Gaurav,

I really like your post because just a couple of weeks ago there was an earthquake in New York. Nobody really thought there would be and earthquake over here. Then after that, there was an hurricane right in NYC. It was scary. Even though it was as bad as other hurricanes or earthquakes, it was still scary.

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was: "It wasn’t that big, but it was special because it was my first earthquake." I totally feel the same way about it.

Thanks for writing about you experience. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because we can relate to this same thing. Maybe we can relate on other things too.

Great!

debral's picture
Submitted by debral on Fri, 2011-09-23 13:33.

Dear Gaurav,

Your podcast is great. I really liked it because I was doing the same thing when the earthquake happened.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "It begins when I am just watching TV when the couch and the TV starts shaking and I realize that it's an earthquake." I think this is a really good sentence because it helped me to understand how you felt.

Another sentence that I like is: "And she starts crying and all the neighbors come out of their houses." This stood out for me because it helped me to understand what you guys did and why.

The the same exact thing that happened to me as you describe in your podcast. Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I enjoyed it and had great thoughts just listening to your podcast.

Dear Guara ,Your podcast is

michellea's picture
Submitted by michellea on Fri, 2011-09-23 13:47.

Dear Guara ,

Your podcast is so scary . It was very nice to see how you put a rumbling sound in the background .

One sentence you wrote that stood out to me was how you was watching tv and the tv was shaking . IIt makes me picture what you felt . It must have been scary to experience an earthquake .I know the first thing you do is freak out but if you have a sister you gotta be brave (:

When you said you have to be under something made of wood .. it made me remember of my first earthquake . I was on a bus and it was rumbling . I got so scared also and thought I was going to die .

Thanks for posting this podcast , it's nice to see someone also got scared of an earthquake . I hope to see your respond soon (:

my experience

lhiciano's picture
Submitted by lhiciano on Wed, 2014-02-26 09:36.

I liked your memoir because I know how you feel.The interesting part was when you said that you was watching tv and the tv and couch started to shake.How you could make it better is if you add more details.The lesson I learned was that I gotta watch the news more so i could know whats gonna happend.