My First Electronic Game

by: 16shenw

On Thursday November 10, I created electronic games by using Scratch and tutorials. The game I had created was based on the game Pong. Pong is a game that was having the ball that was moving around the screen to not touch the bottom of the screen. The player would have to use a paddle that was controlled by the mouse to stop the ball from falling to the bottom of the screen. Scratch was used to help create the game and the tutorials are the videos that show how to create the game Pong. Using the tutorial was a fun way to help me create my game.

In my first animation, the ball was a beach ball and the bottom part of the game screen was red. So in my game I would have the paddle that was controlled by the player’s mouse. The beach ball that was moving around the screen, so whenever the beach ball touches the paddle it automatically bounces off of the paddle. However, when the beach ball touches the red that is at the bottom part of the screen the game would stop and the player would have to restart. This was all created when I was watching the tutorials and placed the correct scripts in Scratch to create the game.

This is my first gaming animation:

In the second level of creating the game, I had to create new changes or additions to my game. Although it has the same scripts from the first animation of the game I had added a new change to the game. I had added a score board for the player to know how many points they had earned. This was an accomplishment that I had done without using the tutorials and had to look around in Scratch to see what scripts can help me make a score board for my game.

This is my second gaming animation: