My name Yunus Shugayev

by: YunusOHS

My name Yunus means in Turkish is a messenger of god and a dolphin. In english it means a very good looking and cool guy with nice eyes. Easy to make friends with. My parents named me Yunus because they like it. I don't care if people can't say my name. The history behind it. In muslim religion Yunus means messenger of god so one day there was guy want to a town and the people did not like him so he ran by the Ocean and there were people there and he asked for a ride to go somewhere and leave the town. The people got him on the boat so they went for about 5 minutes the guys got a call about his man and the people through him off the boat to the ocean and a dolphin swallowed him. When he was in side of the dolphin he was praying. The dolphin piqued the guy out and this guy was the messenger of god and that why my parents named me and i would not change it. I am proud of my name.

Response

Submitted by yayussuf on Sun, 2015-12-13 20:36.

I really liked your paragraph about your name, its history, why your parents named you that, and how you are confident about who are and aren't willing to change. Having a muslim name thats equally unknown and hard to actually pronounce, I feel you're struggle. Besides it being a good starter paragraph I think there are still some little details you could still fix. I think it would be great if you went into some more detail about the story of Yunus. Like describing where he is, how large the whale was, and other details about the settings. It would really bring the story together and bring a sense of excitement and wonder from your readers. I would also like to hear more about the decision making about naming you. Like a more detailed reason why your parents named you. Just do a quick sweep for the grammatical errors and you will have written an amazing paragraph. I really liked it, nice job!
Heres a link to learn more about yunus- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah

Response

Submitted by yayussuf on Sun, 2015-12-13 20:37.

Response

Response

Response