My Silhouette

by: RobB

This is a silhouette picture that I created on picnik. I took a self picture using a Mac and then uploaded it to picnik. Afterwards I used the adjustable threshold effect to give it the black and white feeling. Then I played around with each threshold until I got a desired result. I added a goofy effect as well to make it more fun looking. The doodle effect allowed me to white out certain parts so I could just get the outline of the head. Finally I added text and a border around my silhouette. I feel that this is a very neat and creative way to edit a photo and I plan to use in more in the future. The silhouette effect made it be very striking and bold.

This photograph is indeed

Submitted by BokyB on Tue, 2010-11-23 14:01.

This photograph is indeed striking because it is on an angle which makes it pop.  It's fascinating to see how the darker components are on the outer edges of your face, and the trend continues.  I find it a bit humorous that it looks like you have aviators on.  Very well done, Rob.

This photo is striking. I

madisons's picture
Submitted by madisons on Tue, 2010-11-23 14:09.

This photo is striking. I find it fascinating how you added the border it. I agree that by creating the silhouette on picnik (even though a simple effect) made your photo bold.

I appreciate this photo

Submitted by SaschaZ on Tue, 2010-11-23 14:14.

I appreciate this photo because of the settings you used, you didn't only make a silhouette you also enlarged your ears also it looks like you have a beard a little bit. It's a comical picture. :)