Myself As a Writer

by: djones

I think that I am an excellent writer. I read a lot of books and I think that strengthens my writing all the time. When you read a lot you get to know how authors and more profound writers use techniques and expressions to convey certain ideas to the reader. I try to use the same writing techniques in my writing which is what makes me a good writer. I like to engage the reader when I write. Although I feel I am an efficient writer, there's always room for improvement. I'm not the best in grammar but I do feel that I have nothing to worry about when it comes time to write the college essays.

A time when I had to put my writing skills to use is during the process of writing a essay to get into a summer program in Panama. The association the trip was involved with required for all applicants to write a one page essay explaining why they were a suitable candidate to go on this once in a lifetime trip. The trip, which included room and board, a look into all parts of panama, not just the tourist attractions, a home stay and the last few days there, a stay at a very nice hotel in the heart of Panama. I had to get in. The writing process I took was to think about all of my strengths. And not just strengths but strengths that would appeal to a program such as this. I listed them first then got to work on how to display them in a way vivid enough to the reader so that they would have no doubts in choosing me. All in all, I did get accepted into the program from my essay and the experience was well worth it.

Success to me is someone else's approval of what you have done. When it comes to writing successfully you should measure your success on the level of which you feel accomplished. Whenever I have written something really great that I know Ive tried really hard on it doesn't really matter to me what an outside viewer has to say. Its up to the writer to decide. When it comes to college writing I feel that you have to be completely honest and true to yourself. Trying to add false flair always fails when writing an essay in concerns to oneself. Not only do you sound like you breaking away from yourself but you could also sound obnoxious. I also think its important to tell the truth. Don't claim that you've done what you have not done.

In conclusion, I feel that a good writer is one that is confident in their writing and their technique. Once you successfully write something once, the rest comes naturally.