Never Give Up in Basketball

by: Ipacheco

I am a student at New Directions Secondary school from the Bronx.

My name Is Isaiah P. and there are many things are special about my name and one special fact is that it comes from the bible. Also my name is very famous. I’m from the Bronx NY. Also, I really don’t like the Bronx because it is very bad. Some students do not value their education. I miss my grandma because she passed away. I love my family, and I like to be around them all the time.

When I get out of school I like to play games outside and also play in the park. I have so much playing Xbox video games. I love playing freeze tag outside and I also enjoy doing back flips. I do awesome school work when I’m in school because I focus every day and I love it. I love school so much that I cannot wait until the next day.

What I like to do in school is write. I love pens, and I enjoy writing with them. School is fun because when you go to a new school you make new friends and I’m in a new school and I’m making new friends. I love physical education, it’s so fun and we have gym two times a day in the morning we do dance and before we leave we do physical education again. Sometimes it is very tiring.

My name comes from the Bible

Submitted by dskirkegaard on Fri, 2015-04-24 08:46.

My name comes from the Bible too Isaiah. I recently visited New York for spring break and I loved it I wish I could have come and checked out your school. I am glad that you value your education that is awesome and a really valuable trait. It sounds like you are a very active kid. Sports are so much fun and it sounds like you really enjoy them too. I'm glad you're making new friends and enjoying your life everyday, that's what its all about.

Response

Submitted by michaelayers on Fri, 2015-04-24 09:36.

Isaiah,
I found this post very interesting. It seems you live a very interesting life. I was a little confused about the title because this post is not about basketball at all but rather your activities. You should do some research on the correlation between people who live in the Bronx and the education in the Bronx. Nice post!

Hi Isaiah. Your post is very

Submitted by hxu on Fri, 2015-04-24 11:55.

Hi Isaiah. Your post is very interesting, and I realize that you have lots of hobbies. It's good to love education and do gym.

Intresting

20bishta's picture
Submitted by 20bishta on Mon, 2015-04-27 18:00.

Dear Ipacheo,
I am intrigued by your post because it is interesting to learn about you. You have clear opinions about different things in your life and I am curious to hear them. I would like to point out, though, that this poem does not talk about basketball.
One thing you said that stands out for me is: "When I get out of school I like to play games outside and also play in the park. I have so much playing Xbox video games." I think this is interesting because most kids do this, and it is nice to relate to a fellow gamer.
Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. Most of the time I also play Xbox after school, and I agree it is fun to. I also have many things I do after school which are fun.
Thanks for your project. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it was interesting to learn about you. I would like you to accurately state your title though, because then more people will read this post.

Short but Inspirational Article

20mancham's picture
Submitted by 20mancham on Wed, 2015-04-29 22:24.

Dear Isaiah :
I am greatly inspired by your article, "Never Give Up in Basketball" because you write really passionately and put your voice into this topic. You describe the value education has to you, which is similar to some of my friends' learning philosophies. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Some students do not value their education." I propose this is inappropriate because some of my friends come from the Bronx and they are usually the top scorers in their classes. It is not that students do not value their education or do not want to learn. It is that these students have not seen the true potential of education or have not had the right right teachers to show them how. Another sentence that I appreciated was: "I love school so much that I cannot wait until the next day." This stood out for me because, when I was new to the United States of America, I was new to the system of education in this country. In a short time, I started liking the education system here. I felt the same way about school that you did. Your article reminds me of something that happened to me. In the early years of my life, I had the same routines as you have now. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your writing is like a power up of inspiration.

Short but Inspirational Article

20mancham's picture
Submitted by 20mancham on Wed, 2015-04-29 22:26.

Dear Isaiah :

Hey

Submitted by JacobLoose on Sun, 2015-12-13 18:26.

Hey Isaiah, my name is Jacob and I go to Judge Memorial High School in Salt Lake City, Utah. Like you, my name is also biblical and I am a huge fan of the outdoors. I'm sorry about the loss of your grandma, I hope you are doing okay.
It seems that you have a pretty exciting life! I noticed you said you can back flip, do you parkour? I have always wanted to be able to back flip, but I'm scared I'll hurt myself!
That's awesome that you enjoy school so much and realize how important it is. Don't take it for granted and always do your best, and you will succeed in life. Another similarity we have is that we both love physical education, and be both dance! Are you involved in any sports?
Keep doing what you're doing Isaiah, I can see you're working hard and I wish you all the best!