Never Talk To Strangers

by: 16krevoyb

I created the Scratch animation Never Talk To Stranger as my response to a project to create an interactive ethical story. An ethical story is a story where a character is faced with a decision were he or she must choose between right and wrong. If the character makes the right decision he or she gets a reward and if the character makes the wrong decision they get punished.

My story is about a boy who is playing with his friends in the school yard. Then his friends leave the yard, leaving him alone. When he is alone a man approaches him and asks if he wants candy. If the says yes the boy gets abducted and taken to the mans house were he barley escapes him. If the boy says no he runs away and he tells his mom a man is chasing him. Then the mom calls to police and the man gets arrested. For helping the police the boy gets a 500 dollar reward.

My story was inspired by a Aesop Fable I found in this link. http://www.umass.edu/aesop/content.php?n=33&i=1
In this story a sheep is deceived by wolf and the sheep gets eaten. This story is related to my story because both storeys teach you never to talk or interact with someone you don’t know even if they seem kind.

I think I was successful in creating my story because I carefully followed all of the requirements and I worked really hard at creating the story. It took my time instead of rushing and I made sure many times I followed all requirements. I made sure there was an ethical decision with 2 choices and 2 outcomes. I also made sure each outcome was 3 minutes long. I am also very proud in my work because I think the story flows quite well and I think it is a fun and educational video that teaches a very important lesson. Overall I feel like I was very successful in making my animation.

Peer Review

Submitted by 16kennedyb on Wed, 2012-01-04 14:50.

Your Ethical Story will be very suitable for kids 13 years old and younger because it is a real life situation, that many kids might be able to relate to, which will lead them to be more interested. You used a fable that was already written and made your own version of it which was very interesting. I liked the story, and it kept me interested the whole time.

Good Job

16DAlessandroM's picture
Submitted by 16DAlessandroM on Wed, 2012-01-04 14:59.

You did a good job thinking of a theme to your story because its an event that can very well happen in real life. Both of your decisions were working and both some what tempting.

Nice storyy

16abdelrahmanm's picture
Submitted by 16abdelrahmanm on Wed, 2012-01-04 17:23.

I liked how the story you made and ethical choice is something that could actualy ahppen in real life.

I noticed that you handrew most/ all sprites and backgrounds. They are a lttle messy. You should have used photos or the sprites provided. I alos think you should mprove your drawing skills.

The ethical dilemma in your story was very good because it was aituation that is realistic and probably ahppens to kids in the US. I think your choices were good.

Spelling errors!!!

16cognatal's picture
Submitted by 16cognatal on Thu, 2012-01-05 16:50.

You had several spelling errors in your repsonce:P

Peer Review

16cognatal's picture
Submitted by 16cognatal on Thu, 2012-01-05 16:49.

This was a very good story overall. It was very suitable for kids thirteen years and younger and it every day a situation like this happens everyday. Your story was very enticing which kept me interested the whole time. The one flaw in this project I think was the characters and background, I knew what they were all supposed to be, except they were a little sloppily done. Which i can relate to, because its harder drawing things on the computer then it is on regular paper. But anyway, good job, you should be proud.

Good Story

16silval's picture
Submitted by 16silval on Fri, 2012-01-06 07:32.

I enjoyed how the endings were both equally lengthy. The overall story was very interesting and enjoyable.
The ethical dilemma in your story is very interesting because sometimes kids don't realize what talking to strangers can lead to.

Your story was great, I had

Submitted by 17roshidm on Thu, 2012-04-26 10:18.

Your story was great, I had wanted to try both decisions so saw the whole thing twice. The dialogue and the story seems like something that would happen in real life. The ethical dilemma was fairly presented since this is what would happen to a kid being lured by candy.

Ethical Dilemma

Submitted by 17hurtadoj on Thu, 2012-04-26 10:25.

Great Job! One thing I like about your animation was that the plot was very creative and well thought out.

The ethical dilemma was not fairly solved, it is a very serious situation after all. It took time to resolve it and that's good.

I liked how your animation

17zhul's picture
Submitted by 17zhul on Thu, 2012-04-26 13:44.

I liked how your animation allowed viewers to see an actually life situation that could happen for real. I liked your ethical dilemma because it was showing a real life situation and the choices to make both lead to very different outcomes.

Your animation really teaches

Submitted by 17guom on Thu, 2012-04-26 13:47.

Your animation really teaches people a lesson that that should remember:Never talk to strangers. You also performed ethical dilemma. you gave the viewer a chance to chose two choices, right and wrong. Also, your story had choices.

I liked this animation

Submitted by 17tsangc on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:50.

I liked this animation because the timing was good and it made sense. The ethical dilemma was to take the candy from the stranger or not to. The animator could improve on changing costumes when it is more appropriate.

What I liked about this

Submitted by 17oguchit on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:51.

What I liked about this animation is the fact that there are two choices in which you can choose either one and they both have a different effect and ending.

The ethical dilemma is to never talk to strangers. This was a good example of that kind of situation.

One thing you can improve on is to create more costumes for the main character. When he was captured, he looked like he was happy, which doesn't make sense for the most part. Other than that, the animation was excellent.

i really liked the animation,

Submitted by 17johnstonl on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:56.

i really liked the animation, it was very intriguing and funny. i liked how the author made it funny as well as interesting. the ethical dilema was good but i think it was a bit too easy. the majority of people probably would have chosen the wrong choice. but it was good all the same.

Something I liked about your

17tieuj's picture
Submitted by 17tieuj on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:58.

Something I liked about your ethical dilemma animation is that it was funny and that you had a good dilemma. The ethical dilemma was never talk to strangers. The animation was a good way to show the ethical dilemma and it's something that can actually happen. Overall, I thought that it was a very good ethical dilemma animation.

I liked how you you didnt put

Submitted by 17kimjn on Fri, 2012-04-27 13:58.

I liked how you you didnt put it on or based it on a fable or a fairy tale. it was also very funny and had a good moral. Your ethical dilemma may be the most kids learn or their first one ever. It is nice how you made it play into their hands at first either wy. I though must ask, why did kid turn into a pigeon?

I liked that this story used

Submitted by 17bergersonc on Fri, 2012-04-27 14:04.

I liked that this story used original sprites. It made the story unique. I liked this ethical dilemma because many kids are offered food and then kidnapped. It teaches kids the importance of not talking to strangers. Many people would take the man's candy so the dilemma is difficult, which makes it interesting.

I like this project because

Submitted by 17lalkakay on Fri, 2012-04-27 14:06.

I like this project because it talks about an ethical dilema that happens in real life. The ethical dilema is whether or not to take the candy from the stranger, and it was a good dilema, because the main character had to face it, and both answers to the dilema were equal length

The thing that i liked the

Submitted by 17tranl on Fri, 2012-04-27 14:08.

The thing that i liked the most was that your sprites were creative and they were original.
The ethical dilemma is whether the boy should get candy from the stranger. It is tempting to choose both choices because you would want to know what will happen. Even though the answer would be obvious, you would be curious.

nice animation

Submitted by 17palominos on Sun, 2012-04-29 22:28.

in your animation there were some spelling errors (i know were all human) but ignoring that, your animation was good it was roughly 3 minutes in my case. it followed the whole ethical dilema thing and it was about a real life event that happens every day i like the effort you put in it.

Good Story

Submitted by 17gamboam on Tue, 2012-05-01 09:02.

I really liked how you presented the moral of the story. The animation flowed perfectly, and the dialogue fit nicely. At first, I pressed "Sure" to take the candy, because it is tempting to see what will happen. Usually if the moral is fairly common, you know what's going to happen if you do the right thing. After choosing both decisions, I liked how the ending for both still turned out good.

Overall, I like your

Submitted by 17bhowmikn on Tue, 2012-05-01 09:02.

Overall, I like your animation. The ethical dilemma that you pick are useful to younger kids. It is sort of common sense, but it may be useful for younger kids. I also wanted to suggest that you should have a note saying you have to click one of the choices.

Nice story.

Submitted by 17matovics on Tue, 2012-05-01 09:03.

This story was very educational. It taught me that not everyone is who they say they are and that if people offer you candy you should not jump in their van. I also like the way you offered the dilemma to people. Another nice touch was the boy becoming a bird and flying away in the beginning. Overall, nice job.

I love the animation because

Submitted by 17tasnimz on Tue, 2012-05-01 17:28.

I love the animation because of the idea you have thought it and the way you carried the story out. The plot was amazing, but I felt the timing for the dialogues were a little to short. The drawing and how the boy acted was funny. The ethical dilemma in the animation was whether to accept the candies and go of with a stranger or walk away. I felt the ethical dilemma was almost close to balance, but a little ashier. It was about 48% easy.

I liked how the kid still

Submitted by 17watsonn on Wed, 2012-05-02 21:21.

I liked how the kid still escapes even if he gets caught by the creep.

The ethical dilemma is that the kid has to choose between taking the candy or saying no and being safe.

The animation I think was

Submitted by Pamela on Sun, 2012-05-06 23:19.

The animation I think was very well put together and was cosistant. One thing that I liked about this animation is the lesson that I learned. In this lesson you get to learn how you should never talk or accept things from strangers. The ethical decision was on the main character and how he doesn't know if he should get any of the stranger's candy.

This is a nice topic to talk

Submitted by Navdeepk on Thu, 2012-11-08 21:05.

This is a nice topic to talk about becuase it does happen in real life.