A new future

by: rvlas

I have heard about the protests and revolts in Egypt and I heard that people can’t bear and hate the President who is corrupt and keeps reelecting himself every time and that police is very corrupt.  I also heard it was organized on facebook / twitter. I am really astonished that this happens in Egypt i never knew they had a dictator as they're ruler and i never knew they were doing so bad and economy was so bad. But i also didn’t know much about Egypt until now either.

One thing that I know for sure about Egypt is that they are sick and tired of the state of affair that they are in and want a change. Now i’ve studied my share of the Egyptian protests and i see now how bad the situation they are in and how the 80 year old president who has run the country for over 30 years doesn't want to give up and just wants his family to rule for centuries. He just doesn't want to leave and give up power and if he does he wants his son to rule after him. Personally its funny to me how a this president doesn't understand that the people don't want him there and that he needs to leave.

I did some research on this topic and i came across this article “Mohamed ElBaradei lands in Cairo:there’s no going back http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jan/27/elbaradei-return-cairo-egypt ”. This article provided a lot of information and opinions on Egypt’s revolt and also showed that they now have someone to replace the old president they have a new one who is ready to take its place anytime the old one moves out. Some people felt that even tough he came and is ready to assume his new role that wont stop the Egyptian people from finishing what they have started and making sure the government serves the people and not people serve the government.It did make me feel that some big event is about to occur soon like a mass rights movement because of all these revolts and protests happening around the world. “I hope the regime stops violence , stops detaining people, stops torturing people. “ I agree with this man i mean a government that is under pressure from the people to change itself using violence will only give the wrong idea of no we are not gonna give you freedom! and basically that just means all out war and will only make it worse the government needs to work with the people for the hope of tomorrow and for the future of the country. 

In another source that I looked at ,”Israel urges world to curb criticism of Egypt’s Mubarak http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/israel-urges-world-to-curb-criticism-of-egypt-s-mubarak-1.340238 ”  there was this one statement that made me shake my head in disagreement with the event “The peace between Israel and Egypt has lasted for more than three decades and our objective is to ensure that thes

e relations will continue to exist.” Well i am sure that  removing a harsh cruel dictator wont cause Egypt to go to war with Israel and if peace means harsh regime that its not worth it they should either have freedom and democracy or fight for it. I'm sure Israel has nothing to fear if Egypt goes free and democratic they wont go to war just because they hate the Israeli after a revolution. They will keep the peace and I'm sure that's what everyone wants is peace. And this is true no one wants war unless they inevitably  want to build bad relationships with the powers of the world and eventually bring they're own country’s demise. 

All this makes me think  that this revolution will lead to some greater event happening in the near future and will start a chain reaction of civil rights movements around the world and maybe bring a new age for humanity and remove the elite that corrupts this world.

Dear Raul    I really

Submitted by pdass on Tue, 2011-02-08 08:41.

Dear Raul

I really like your post  " a new future " because it all make sense about how the president of Egypt should be removed because he's not doing anything there and the Egyptians want Mubarak to be removed. Its interesting because before i thought that he just want to quit his job and let the people be but your post made it more clear.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "Egypt  are sick and tired of the state of affair that they are in and want a change." I think this is understandable of why they want president Mubarak to be removed.Also because after reading you article it reminds me of something that wanted as a change as of jobs hiring, electricity and etc.

Another sentence that i liked was " Egyptian people from finishing what they have started and making sure the government serves the people and not people serve the government " This stood out for me because i like how the Egypitians actions are making some process of a change. In order to get something you have to do some thing and thats what the Egypitians are doing.

I do agree with you that Egypt want their rights one reason i say this is because people just want to be trated queally and want their rights as you wrote in your article.

Thanks for your writing, I look forward to seeing what you write next because your post are clear and interesting. It also makes me think more about the world and the consequenses for a preseident leaving.

i learned many  things from

Submitted by bgarcia on Tue, 2011-02-08 08:47.

i learned many  things from your post " a new future" about egypt that i didnt know was going on in egypt.  

Dear RVlas, I liked your

Submitted by ctai on Mon, 2011-02-14 21:58.

Dear RVlas,

I liked your post " A new future" because Egypt is changing. Due to the economy crisis going on in Egypt, people are getting furstrated at Muburak who people want him to step down. Thank Goodness he has stepped down and now people in Egpyt are celebrating. Now people dont have to bear with the Presidents power and telling people what to do. Now Egypt's economy can become a better place.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is " He just doesnt want to leave and give up power and if he does he wants his son to rule after him. Personally its funny to me how the president doesnt understand that people dont want him there and that he needs to leave". I think this is important because Muburak has finally stepped down. People finally have hope now for Egypt. His son wont be taking power after his dad now. The Muburak family trend has finally ended. People can finally live a better life after the army kicked Muburak out.

Another sentence that I enjoyed was " I hope the regime stops violence, stops detaining people, stops torturing people." This stood out for me because people were being tortured from the riots and now things have stopped. There would be no more violence that the people have to deal with by the police killing these poor innocent people. More than 300 people died because of these riots occuring.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. Our economy isnt that great either and we need to find a way to fix it because our economy is becomming worse and worse. A lot of the prices are going up and it is driving people crazy. people are trying to fix it but it is really hard to. Thank goodness people are happy that Muburak stepped down.

Thanks for writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because what you wrote was really interesting and now that the people are happy in Egpyt the people dont have much to worry about anymore. People in Egypt has hope now but they still need to develop a better economy because the army is controlling right now.

Dear rvlas, I find your

Submitted by Nafisa.Masud on Wed, 2011-03-09 19:51.

Dear rvlas,

I find your posts very refreshing and unlike the long-winded, elusive writings I usually find. I especially enjoyed reading about your opinion on the current situation in Egypt, and I agree completely. I strongly believe in our individual right to peaceful protest in the pursuit of a better life, and I think the citizens of Egypt are completely justified in their rebellion of Mubarak's reign.

I found a few more articles about Egypt if you're interested. The first is a slideshow of pictures and events currently occurring in Egypt. I thought these were really intriguing, especially the story of a man who set himself on fire in protest after the government illegally confiscated his business.

www.nytimes.com/interactive/world/middleeast/2011-spreading-revolutions.html#intro

I also found this article from BBC detailing Hosni Mubarak as he steps down as president.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12433045

I hope these sources can help you better understand the situation in Egypt and perhaps strengthen or affect your opinion toward these events. I enjoyed your writing and anticipate reading your future posts