Obama and the Environment

"'Obama's re-election will have a huge impact,' says David Kreutzer, an energy expert at the conservative Heritage Foundation. 'We'll see the continuation, and perhaps the acceleration, of anti-fossil fuels regulations,' he says, citing Environmental Protection Agency rules to limit greenhouse gas emissions from power plants." (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/11/08/obama-re-election-e...)

President Obama's re-election does indeed have a big impact on the future of the environment. America's voters has given our environment a better chance of survival for the next four years. The re-election of Obama ensures more focus on climate change and global warming than what America would have received if Mitt Romney were elected. Obama's plan promises a "second chance to lead the way on climate change...."
President Obama and Congress must move forward with legislation on reducing greenhouse gas emissions and establish new policies that help both people and wildlife prepare for and respond to our changing environment. Our wildlife, our communities, and our planet depend on it." (http://energy.nationaljournal.com/2012/11/election-2012-whats-at-stake-f...). Americans have given the country the best chance it has. We have made the right choice.

Jessie, I really enjoyed this

Submitted by msprinkle on Fri, 2012-11-09 13:18.

Jessie, I really enjoyed this post. I think many times with all the issues at hand our environment is tossed to the side. Our environment however, is actually very important for everyone, and it affects us all and the choices we make now will affect our lives and the generations to come. I am glad that Obama is concerned with this issue, and that gives me hope that the future will be filled with cleaner air and less greenhouse gas emissions! I hope that congress and Obama can move forward with these plans to help our environment.

But can anything get done?

Submitted by RKPoppleton on Fri, 2012-11-09 13:24.

Yes, Obama is a supporter of the green movement, but with a Republican majority remaining in the House, the odds of any useful legislation being passes is virtually nil. We may need to wait for 2014 and then try a big push to get the pro-business, anti-future party out of power.

I concur.

Submitted by gabisavchuk on Sat, 2012-11-10 18:20.

We definitely have a better chance of progressing in green technology by re-electing Obama, but with a mostly conservative House, how is Obama going to make much progress? He will have to really crack down and be tough, or else the green movement may not see much progress. As to your remark about the 2014 House, I am not sure that we will ever be able to have fewer conservatives in power. I think the key is cooperation, but that has only been possible for democrats like Clinton, who are excellent at schmoozing. I am not saying that is a bad thing, but Obama doesn't want to be fake by cooperating with Republicans. I'm not sure the green movement will see much progress unless Obama either cracks down or schmoozes with the Republicans in power.