Oil Spill

by: hrashid

I'm learning more about the Gulf of Mexico oil spill right now, and in particular what I'm wondering about is: How are the animals being affected by the oil spill? I was researching this question online, and this article "Concerns Up and Down the Food Chain" because I thought it would tell me about the wildlife being harmed.

"But biologists are increasingly alarmed for wildlife offshore, where the damage from a spill can be invisible but still deadly. And they caution that because of the fluidity between onshore and offshore marine communities, the harm taking place deep at sea will come back to haunt the shallows, whether or not they are directly hit by the slick."

The quote I chose here is basically saying that many wildlife even offshore are being endangered. I think they're taking some actions to save the animals. This food chain affects our food and wildlife.

I think this is interesting because I think they should take action in saving the animals as quickly as possible. However, I think alot of the fish species will be affected negatively. It makes me wonder if the spill will leaving a long lasting effect and endanger the offspring of the fishs.

Dear Hiba, I agree with you

Submitted by jcheng9 on Tue, 2010-06-08 12:25.

Dear Hiba,

I agree with you post, Oil Spill because it talks about how you care about the animals that are being affected by this. I also liked how you talked about how there are some actions being taken to help these birds. Besides birds there are also many other types of marine life that they are trying to save.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out for me is,"The quote I chose here is basically saying that many wildlife even offshore are being endangered." This stands out for me because many jobs will be affected by this and it might cause many problems like an epidemic starting.

Another sentence that I agree with is, "I think this is interesting because I think they should take action in saving the animals as quickly as possible." I agree because after fixing this problem we can focus on other world problems and other problems that are more puzzling than this.

I do agree with you that action is needed since many people like fisherman are being affected by the oil spill. Many tourists would also not visit Louisiana since most of the coast would be covered by oil.

Thanks for your writing I look forawrd to seeing what you write next time.

Dear Hiba, Nice Job! I liked

Submitted by tkim on Tue, 2010-06-08 12:26.

Dear Hiba, Nice Job!

I liked your post, "Oil Spill". I liked the way you put the quote in the second paragraph. Also, I liked how you explained the quote. Nice Job!

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I think they should take action in saving the animals as quickly as possible." I think this is true because we need fish for food and if all the fish die, the ecosystem will be ruined. Nice Job!

Another sentence that stood out was: "It makes me wonder if the spill will leaving a long lasting effect and endanger the offspring of the fishs." This stood out for me because I like fish and if the fish eggs die before they become bigger fish, there won't be many fish left. Nice Job!

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to reading what you write next. Nice Job!

'SUP Hiba?! I agree with

Submitted by ZVerdesoto on Tue, 2010-06-08 12:33.

'SUP Hiba?!

I agree with your post because it's very intriguing. The way you show your concern for the animals is very endearing. I never know you were such an enthusiast.

One line you wrote that stood out for me was: I think this is interesting because I think they should take action in saving the animals as quickly as possible.

GOOD JOB HIBA. <3

Dear Hiba, I enjoyed reading

Submitted by dguaman on Tue, 2010-06-08 12:35.

Dear Hiba,

I enjoyed reading this because you wrote it!! You did a wonderful job :D I hope to hear more from you nd your amazing written works :)