Reading about what's healthy

by: zbrown

I just started reading The Omnivore's Dilemma. By Michael Pollan, and my first impression is that I did not know corn is in the non-diary creamer and in the cheez whiz. Also, I didn't know that the citric acid that keeps the nugget ‘’fresh’’ is made from corn. The fact that corn feeds the dairy cows that produce the milk amazed me.

One question I have is that why is corn places you will never think to look ? What I want the author to explain is why is it bad to eat meat from animals that are herbivores. This is important because the meat we eat can affect our health.

Another question I have is how do I know the health effect of the ingredients on any food I eat ? The answer to this is probably I can look on any back of the food and see. I think I'll be able to find out more by checking the grams or the calories on the back of the wrapper.

A third question I have is why do the carbon in our bodies originally floating in the air. When I think more on this question , I began to wonder if they come from the plants.

I am looking forward to reading the omnivore's dilemma because I like the way this whole book is set up. Also, because I like to read about what's bad or good for my health. And I like to read about vegetables.