The Omnivore's Dilemma Journal

by: aruiz

I just started reading ” The Omnivore’s Dilemma “ by Michael Pollan, and my first impression about this book is that it really change peoples life with everything like their weight, food choices, and also their whole career too.

One question I have is: “ How does one single book change someone's life ? “ What I want the author to explain is how did he do it and did the book really change the lives of others, and this is important because if one single book change someone's career, weight, and the way you eat thats a pretty big deal.

Another question I have is that this book really does makes you lose weight because the book might change the way you think about eating and decide what to put in your mouth even though this is not a diet book. The answer to this is probably in page 6 where it said “Some people tell me that they lost weight after reading the book, and then they pull out snapshots of their larger former selves. Apparently what they learned in the book about how fast food is made convinced them to stop eating it, and the pounds began to fall off. I think I'll be able to find out more by reading more of pages 6 and also 7 because those 2 pages show reasons why people lost weight and started eating better.

A third question I have is “ How can one single book change someone's life “ When I think more on this question, I begin to wonder if this book “ The Omnivore’s Dilemma “ really does change people's lives and really does help them with their problems.

I am looking forward to reading “ The Omnivore’s Dilemma “ because This really makes you lose weight because the book might change the way you think about eating and decide what to put in your mouth even though this is not a diet book and it only takes one book to change the way animals are treated in factory farms and even make some people no longer eat meat and decide to become vegetarians.

Dear Anthony Ruiz

gvillanueva's picture
Submitted by gvillanueva on Fri, 2016-05-13 09:43.

I am interested in your post, "The Omnivore's Dilemma Journal," because you write nice and you explain stuff.

One question you wrote that stands out for me is:One question I have is: “ How does one single book change someone's life ? “ What I want the author to explain is how did he do it and did the book really change the lives of others, and this is important because if one single book changes someone's career, weight, and the way you eat that's a pretty big deal." I think this is interesting because I never asked that question and now that I read this comment I can think about it later.

Another sentence that I like was: "A third question I have is “ How can one single book change someone's life “ When I think more on this question, I begin to wonder if this book “ The Omnivore’s Dilemma “ really does change people's lives and really does help them with their problems." This stood out for me because I also was thinking many people read this book and maybe it actually change people's lives.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because your writing is good and I can't wait to see more.

Dear Antony

Submitted by avillanueva on Wed, 2016-06-01 09:45.

Dear Antony

I am happy with your post "the Omnivore's dilemma. because I want to know what this book has to tell us about what's inside all the food I eat.

One sentence you wrote that stands out to me is “ How does one single book change someone's life ?“ I think this is interesting because I was always wondering how does a single book change someone's life.

Another sentence you wrote that was interesting was "Another question I have is that this book really does make you lose weight because the book might change the way you think about eating and decide what to put in your mouth even though this is not a diet book." this stood out to me because people are losing weight but then again it is not a diet book.

I do agree with you that this is not a diet book but people lose weight. And I agree with you because I wonder how does this book change lives.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next about this book.