Oprah Winfrey's Act of Kindness

by: jhale13

Oprah Winfrey's 35 little acts of kindness

I've always wondered how to make a difference in the world. But it seems to me that people with money are the only ones able to make a big difference. Well you shouldn’t always start with the big differences. In matter of fact its the little differences that can mean the most. The smallest gestures can make the world of difference. Oprah Winfrey is a very rugged individual woman. My mom says “She has most of life figured out” well that may be true but I don’t think she has it all figured out. I just think she is a wonderful individual with a big heart that understands what's wrong with the world and what we can do to make a difference. Oprah talks about 25 little acts of kindness. Oprah says “One small thoughtful gesture can make someone else’s day.”

Some of my favorite gestures include; “Put a coin in a expired meter” “Each time you get a new item of clothing, give away something old.” and last but not least “Simply say ‘I’m sorry’ when you're wrong.”

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/35-Little-Acts-of-Kindness

I never really thought about what things I can do as an individual to make a change, the opportunity is around me 24/7 its just whether or not I take the opportunity to make a difference. And that’s where the change must start, with oneself. So from here on out I am going to do my best to make a difference in someone elses day hoping they will do the same and start a chain reaction. Rachel Scott once said “I have this theory if one person can go out of their way to show compassion, then it will start a chain reaction of the same. people will never know how far a little kindness can go.”

Dear Jacob: I am engrossed by

Submitted by betoli on Mon, 2013-03-18 10:14.

Dear Jacob:
I am engrossed by your post, Oprah Winfrey has the World figured out because it discusses one of the most powerful woman on this planet and how she has has ascertained about this world and how it functions. Oprah Winfrey is very respected and famous all over the world and for you to discuss how she has this world figured out is pretty fascinating.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “but it seems to me that people with money are the only ones able to make a big difference,” I think this is interesting because I feel like it it is true that rich people have the ability to make a big difference, however if someone is not opulent that doesn’t mean they can’t make a big difference. Opportunities present themselves everyday, but it is your choice no matter what category you fall in to make a change.

Another sentence that I enjoyed was “one small gesture can make someone else’s day”. This stood out for me because it is so true and at times relates to my life in so many ways.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time on the bus, I was on my way to school on a sloppy Wednesday. I remember that I was encumbered with my heavy Nike duffel bag because I had baseball tryouts that day. As I was standing in a crowded bus exhausted, a young lady offered me a seat. It was uncanny for a girl to offer a boy a seat, I was relieved and throughout that entire day , I thought about that altruistic girl who offered me a seat.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your work is very intriguing and it keeps me reading. Furthermore, this post was very interesting and I hope to read more of your beauty.