Paper Towns

by: sagev24

Currently, I am reading Paper Towns by John Green this novel provokes many deep thoughts that I would like to discuss. Margo a character in this novel runs away and Quentin, the main character, tries to find her. As Quentin is searching for Margo he finds clues and learns facts about her that know one, not even her best friends knew. Quentin explores the fact that each person he discusses Margo with has a different view of her. Is it possible that one person can be thought of in so many different ways?
In the beginning of the novel Margo tells Quentin how she feels about Orlando. She tells him that it is a paper town. What do you think this means?
Lastly, on Quentin’s last day of school he feels sadness overcome him. However as he’s leaving he realizes there is a certain thrill that comes when you are actually leaving. Quentin starts to understand know why Margo leaves. He explains that leaving all that you have creates a sense of adventure. What do you think about leaving? Have you ever had a big change in your life, where you leave everything behind? If so, what were your feelings?

sagev24, I like your writing

Submitted by hxu on Tue, 2015-03-10 12:09.

sagev24, I like your writing and it is very specific and it seems a nice romantic story that I ever seen. "She tells him that it is a paper town. What do you think this means?" From this quotation, I am also trying to find out what it means, it is very interesting.

I've always wanted to read

Submitted by tinguyen on Tue, 2015-03-10 21:26.

I've always wanted to read Paper Towns because I heard it was an interesting book but I never knew what it was about. Reading your summary about the book, it made me want to read it. I have always wanted to drop everything and leave just to experience something new.

Sounds like a very

Submitted by zdavid on Wed, 2015-03-11 01:17.

Sounds like a very interesting book. I feel like i can relate to Margo, how people have different views of her. I would like to read this book one of these days to find out more about Margo. Thanks!

Sounds interesting!

Submitted by etuvshinbayar on Wed, 2015-03-11 02:55.

This book sounds really interesting that im going to start reading it.