Is Paris better than New York?

Submitted by dormah on Thu, 2012-03-01 13:19

Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been about if Paris better than New York? I remember when I was in Paris and my mother was telling me to stay with her in Paris, but since I was going to school in New York I had to come back. Lately, the issue has caught my eye again. I know that many people feel that New York is better than Paris. For example, when I was with my mother she was talking about how she wanted to come to New York so bad because it’s so beautiful. Now that’s just what I’ve heard, it may not be true.

One thing that I know for sure about Paris is that it’s beautiful, and it has the Eiffel Tower. Now, I’ve studied my share of geography and also know that it’s connected to Germany. Personally, it’s funny to me how people can compare Paris to New York because Paris is obviously better than New York.

Paris is one of the most beautiful countries I have visited. Paris has a lot of glorious touristic places. And also beautiful streets especially when I want to go to the Avenue des Champs-Elysées, one of the most prettiest avenue in the world. They have glorious lights, and clean streets not like New York. The mood is often quiet and relaxing.

Being that I didn’t have a lot of background information on Paris, I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one article: Paris Perdue, http://www.blogg.org/blog-30804-billet-1121544.html. This is what people often tell me "Paris is the most beautiful city in the world." It didn’t really surprise me all that much, but it did make me feel happy because this article proves me that what I was seeing that Paris is prettier than New York.

In another poem: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/paris-7/ there was this one sentence that made me nod my head in agreement with the writer. It was: “Paris: A wonderful city, A place for lovers.” This is so true because Paris is a lovely country and is also a place of love, is not like New York where you always in stress. You live your life happily in Paris without thinking about any school and just having fun with your family.

All of this makes me think that everything I was saying about Paris being better than New York is true because everything in Paris is better, and how the life in Paris is more pleasant. Also when you are in Paris you have more fun with your family than when you’re in New York. One thing I was trying to prove is that Paris cannot be compare to New York and I did it.

I really enjoyed your post!

Submitted by robnia on Sun, 2012-03-04 22:00.

Dear Mahawa,
I am surprised by your post “Is Paris Better Then New York?” because everyone have they opinion about things. When I seen your post I decided to read it to see what your opinion about it was. While you was comparing both Paris and New York I realized you had good reasons to support your opinion. Then again when I seen there can be one then more answer to that question and different ideas.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is "I know that many people feel that New York is better than Paris." I think this is a fact because many people honestly do believe this statement. The only problem is, How would they know if they never experienced it?

Another sentence that I thought was interesting was "Personally, it’s funny to me how people can compare Paris to New York because Paris is obviously better than New York." This stood out for me because you didn't doubt your opinion when saying Paris is better then New York. I can see that you think Paris is better, but I can’t agree because I have never been to Paris.

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I had to compare two countries geographically, but I had never visit neither of the places. If I had it would have been even better to compare them but, thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this was an interesting topic that you wrote about. I believe your next post would be even better.

Dear, Mahawa Je tamie!!! I

Submitted by dianai on Sat, 2012-03-10 15:43.

Dear, Mahawa

Je tamie!!! I love your post !! I never been to Paris to compare the difference between the two countries. But I must say your post gives me the urge to go to France for vacation. I love when you said “And also beautiful streets especially when I want to go to the Avenue des Champs-Elysées, one of the most prettiest avenue in the world. They have glorious lights, and clean streets not like New York. The mood is often quiet and relaxing.” That totally make want to go there to relax.

Another statement I like was “ Personally, it’s funny to me how people can compare Paris to New York because Paris is obviously better than New York.” I find that statement to be hilarious. You make it sound ridiculous that someone would dare try comparing the two together.

Thank you for post Mon petite! You had really informed me.

Dear: Mahawah I totally love

Submitted by poreve on Sun, 2012-03-25 20:51.

Dear: Mahawah

I totally love this post! In my perspective I cant say wich one is better because ive never been to Paris. My in my heart Paris is way better than New York.

"Paris is one of the most beautiful countries I have visited. Paris has a lot of glorious touristic places. And also beautiful streets especially when I want to go to the Avenue des Champs-Elysées, one of the most prettiest avenue in the world. They have glorious lights, and clean streets not like New York. The mood is often quiet and relaxing."

This parahraph make me want to go to Paris badly. I love a quiet and relaxing mood. If its beautiful and glorious like you say I really cant wait to go one day.

Your topic is something that a lot of people would enjoy reading because, like you say Paris is beautiful, New York is also a beautiful place so it would be a debating topic.

Thanks for posting.