Personal Inquiry about Elections

by: eaglej19

I have been thinking a lot recently about the election coming up this November. Most people that I have talked to have agreed that all of the mainstream candidates are not really suited for the white house in one way or another. The odd thing I notice is that people see these as their only options, when in reality there are many other people that they could choose. If one of these lesser known candidates made a big push with ideas that aren't bad or crazy they would have a possibility of actually getting enough votes to make office. Why do people have a mental block against voting for candidates that aren't Democratic or Republican?Is it just because of habit, or do they have a credible reason for just deciding not to vote (a notable percentage of regular voters have decided not to vote this year)? I think that a lot of people actually don't realize that other party candidates will really have a chance so they don't bother voting for them. In my opinion, this minor fact is the the thing that has kept other-party candidates out of office in the majority of elections in the past.

I agree

Submitted by adi_kandula on Tue, 2016-03-15 10:09.

I also think it's ironic how many people don't like the main candidates but see them as their only option, when they're many other lesser known candidates.

In my opinion, the lesser

Submitted by SKadrofske on Tue, 2016-03-15 10:24.

In my opinion, the lesser known candidates seem to be the most reasonable and normal people. But for some reason, the American people don't like normal. Most Trump supporters say that they like him because he is an outsider and is different than any other candidate they have ever seen, I don't quite agree, but I can't vote so it doesn't matter.

Good topic

Submitted by The Movie Destroyer on Tue, 2016-03-15 10:37.

Great topic to talk about as most of us are talking about our culture collage stuffs. Very detailful reflection on what you think about the election this year