Personal Project: Part 5

by: 12popperh

My plan for my personal prokect is to put together an expediditon at my gymnastics center and the money that I get will go to breast cancer awareness and research. The Area of Intereaction that I would be focusing on is Health and Social Education. My quesiton is, "How will fund raising help myself and others?". Fund raising for breast cancer help me because it will get me a better understanding of the cancer and because I'm a women I would have a chance of getting it. This will help others with breast cancer, so more money would go into researching it, so they will continue working on finding a cure.

Dear 12popperh : I liked

Submitted by 12hongs on Sun, 2009-03-15 13:35.

Dear 12popperh :

I liked reading your post, "Personal Project: Part 5," because it talks about what your personal project might be and even though you didn't get the chance to describe it thoroughly, I was able to like get what you wanted to achieve throughout the project and I think it's pretty cool.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "...because I'm a women I would have a chance of getting it." This stood out for me because most of the girls out there kind of forget that they might have a chance of getting diseases or sickness that might only apply to women. This sentence helped me to realize that I too, have a chance of getting breast cancer.

Another sentence that I thought was interesting was: "This will help others with breast cancer, so more money would go into researching it, so they will continue working on finding a cure." This stood out for me because it shows your main goal you will try to achieve. It's not easy to get money for fundraising and like donate it to research programs because most of the people might not know where to start from because it might get really complicated and stuff.

I can relate your question to my questions because they both have something to do with ourselves. My question doesn't really talk about other people but I thought it was interesting that we both mention ourselves in the guiding question.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it's really interesting to know and learn about other people's personal project topics. Good job :)

Check out my post: http://youthvoices.net/node/11315

12hongs.

Thank you for the

Submitted by 12popperh on Thu, 2009-03-19 22:20.

Thank you for the response. I really want to understand the concepts of breast cancer and how many people it has affected. Because I am a girl it can effect me as well, so I would want understand it as best I can and help scientists and medical people find a cure by raising money so they can spend more time studying it. Even though it might be hard to find a place to give the money and get it, I really want to do it, so I'll do anything I can do to figure all that stuff out. Well thanks for the response :D