Phobia Of Student Debt

by: IRonika

In my Economics class, our teacher gave us a great lecture on student debts after college. She gave us great insight on what we can do and what we can be careful with when it comes to college. We read an article from the Time newspaper under the section called Education-Student Debt, but I’m sorry to say that I don’t know what the actual title of the article was. We learned that our student debts after college are rising massively. It was found that an average student-loan debt for new graduates reached $27,300. All-in-all the U.S. student-loan debt exceeded the credit-card debt totalling it to $1 trillion. Even though ForgiveStudentLoanDebt.com was started by Robert Applebaum to erase student debts and stimulant the economy, it has not made the effect needed for students with large debts and the economy. It seems as though the economy is preventing us from going into college and going to “the college of our dreams”. We are being pressured to make decisions for our futures just because of money. I’m not a college student, and yet here I am stressing about how I’m going to pay for my college. I’m a senior and this is the last year of high-school, so, college is just around the corner waiting, dawning on me. Money might not be a priority to everyone, but it is to me. So, here I am scrambling around for scholarships like many other students.

Here is a link to the New York Times website for more information and articles you may be interested in:
http://query.nytimes.com/search/sitesearch?query=education-student+debts...