Is Political Correctness Correct?

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil image.

What’s With Kids These Days?
I have grown up in an environment that is surrounded by growing adolescents,as any person does, but I have been blessed with the opportunity to observe people grow because my mother is a First Grade teacher. I often visit her class and other children at the schools’ Daycare, and have noticed an increasing trend: we are in a ‘New Age,’ and this ‘New Age’ is affecting our society’s government, political system, and -most of all- our children. This is the age of Political Correctness.
Ever since the start of the presidential race of 2016, candidates have been debating about the best ways to stop ISIS from entering the United States and threatening our country's livelihood. To be able to be effective in stopping or even controlling ISIS in some small way, we must understand them, and know what they have done. “Let’s be clear about ISIL.” States President Barack Obama in an interview with ABC News. “They have rampaged across cities and villages, killing innocent, unarmed civilians in cowardly acts of violence.” He then ended with, “...No just God would stand for what they did yesterday and what they do every single day.” Although, we as a nation now have more knowledge about ISIS, our political leaders -and present candidates in particular- are too afraid to see them as they are: a religiously motivated group of predominantly radicalized muslims.
Political Correctness, which is the avoidance of discriminating against certain disadvantaged minorities or groups of people, causes people to be much more cautious of what comes out of their mouths. Of course, in the most obvious sense political correctness is a wonderful idea that causes all people to be seen as equals, but during this fragile time in the government we just need to speak plainly about what measures must be taken to detain ISIS. When a terrorist group that is based in one certain religion, as ISIS is, is harming a nation’s welfare and security then political correctness has no place, and will most likely delay necessary action. No world class government can function when all of its political leaders and officials are constantly walking on eggshells to not offend anyone.
The debate on the need for political correctness continues in a newly published article in The Economist, which states:
“Some people believe the possibility of giving offense, causing embarrassment, lowering self-esteem, reinforcing stereotypes, perpetuating prejudice, victimising, marginalising or discriminating to be more important than stating the truth, never mind the chance of doing so with any verve or panache. They are wrong. Do not bowdlerise your own prose. You may be neither Galileo nor Salman Rushdie, but you too may sometimes be right to cause offence. Your first duty is to the truth.”
The truth most definitely hurts, but it must be said, and in desperate times like these people are bound to get hurt. Political correctness is hitting the present child demographic hard, because parents no longer want to be ‘the bad guy’ and take control of their kids. They see politicians tip toe around different subjects and topics and believe that is the best way for them to parent, and it is not. Correctness is a wonderful thing to have, but it is best used in moderation and only in certain aspects of our daily lives, and most definitely lightly in the upbringing of our children.
Annotate the ISIS Trail of Terror with me using Hypothes.is