Political Issue: Trump May Be Our Future

Submitted by PalakJ on Thu, 2016-01-28 18:47

The political issue that matters most to me is the issue of Donald Trump’s campaign for the presidency, and in particular, his idea to deport immigrants and set up a surveillance system for Muslims. This issue matters to me because I think it is morally unfair to the members of our society who have no interest in taking part in terrorist acts, as well as to those who are just searching for a place of refuge in this country.

America is a place of equal opportunity, so why can't we offer it to everyone? The backlash from Trump’s statement was widespread with both supporters and opposers. "'I think that we should definitely disallow any Muslims from coming in. Any of them. The reason is simple: we can't identify what their attitude is,' said 75-year-old Charlie Marzka of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina."

Supporters claim that this ban will help secure our country from attacks such as those that happened in Paris. Not only do I think that this system is flawed and extremely racially biased, it’s also morally wrong.

I think Trump’s proposition is ridiculous and extremely prejudice. America is already struggling with the fear of Islamophobia post the 9/11 attacks, and although the tragedies around the world as of current have been caused by radical Muslims, it is unfair to judge an entire religion by the actions of few.

Many across the country agree with this, in fact, the U.K. has taken actions as far as signing a petition to ban Trump from their country. America has always been a place of refuge one can turn to when facing religious or other types of persecution. Refugees from Syria are simply trying to live their lives in peace.

Our constitution has rights that have served as a foundation for our thriving country since the Revolutionary War. However supporters argue that although they support this immigration plan, that doesn’t mean they are anti-immigrant. They believe that since Trump has so much money, whatever he plans to do will be accounted for in later time.

He promised at one rally to bomb ISIS, and a supporter spoke about his wife (an immigrant) “Terry proudly pointed to his wife as an example of immigration done 'correctly.' It's not fair to her to let the illegals stay here. She does everything right. She works, she pays taxes, she votes," he said.” Supporters of Trump say that for immigrants to enter our country, they need to prove that they are willing to work. How can they do so if the country of their current residence doesn’t have the opportunities for them to build a reputation?

Circumstances have changed, and it’s not fair to not give everyone an equal opportunity. Labeling a certain ethnic group, such as “terrorists, or lazy” only increases the fear of these people. That’s all they are: people. I agree that some screening should be done on immigrants wishing to enter the country, but a constant watch system will only cause distrust and hatred in our new citizens.

Trump is also a huge proponent of, well himself. It is rumored that he has hired actors to cheer for him at rallies and endorse him. He makes a lot of promises, but doesn’t seem to state how he will carry out those promises. He refuses to show up to debates, and when he does all he does make a fool of himself and offend his competitors.

When he is called out on his flaws, all he does is slander reporters and avoid his faults. I think before voters head into the polls, they should consider what is it that Trump’s campaign stands on and if they’re ready to adjust to his radical ways.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/27/politics/donald-trump-voters-2016-election/
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/trump-anti-muslim-proposal-probably-illegal
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/donald-trump-muslim-republicans-2...

Scared of Trumps Actions

Submitted by MarenH2 on Fri, 2016-02-19 12:21.

I think you are absolutely right. The fact that he has even gotten this far in his campaigning terrifies me. I like that you talk about how America has been a place of refuge and that Trump could change that. I feel that being a place for immigrants and refugees is one of the few things America really does have going for them. I am scared to face the damage that Trump will do to our country.

zakelle brown

zbrown's picture
Submitted by zbrown on Wed, 2016-03-02 11:13.

zakelle brown
Dear palak,

it. I am overjoyed with your letter “trump may be our future ,” Because you added important details, You explained a lot , you made a sense.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is : “The blackish from trump's statement was widespread with both supporters and opposers.” I think this quote is great because it makes sense and all it explains alot.

Another sentence that i liked was : “ America has always been a place of refuge one can turn to when facing religious or other types of persecution.” This stood out for me because i like the way he put american in it and talked about what kind of place is this.

Your letter remind me of when i wrote a essay about the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA {usa}.In my essay i said how usa is unfair sometimes and is fair sometimes.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because i like the way you explained a lot. l mean i like the way you put {usa} in

Not good for America

aruiz's picture
Submitted by aruiz on Sat, 2016-03-12 16:00.

Dear Palak

I am happy with your article “Trump May Be Our Future”, because you told us that if Donald Trump becomes president there will be an issue because Trump wants to deport immigrants and set up surveillance systems for muslims.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is when you wrote:“America is a place of equal opportunity, so why can't we offer it to everyone?” I think this is good because it's morally unfair to members of our society who have no interest in taking part in terrorist acts or other people trying to take refuge in this country.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I think it’s not cool that Donald Trump is trying to make America not equal for anybody who wants to be an American citizen.