Popular Name

by: dlloyd

You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.

My name is Dashawn. That’s what my mother and father call me. But people around my neighborhood, they call me Money, like money we spend.

I really like that name so I wear my name like people wear sneakers. I like when people call me money. It makes me feel like I’m rich. I always have money on me or am going to do whatever possible to get the money. That’s one of the reasons I got my name.

Around my neighborhood, I've seen a lot of why they call me money. They hustle or doing something. I got my name from the older guys and my neighborhood we call them OGs. My name means everything about money or something to do with money.

My older brother's name was Young Money. They called him that because he was always making money moves. They said I act like him when he was young, so now people around the way call me Money.

Money Mo

mortiz's picture
Submitted by mortiz on Thu, 2014-10-09 07:59.

I am interested in your post because I didn’t know people in your block called you Money!

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “My name is Dashawn. That’s what my mother and father call me. But people around my neighborhood, they call me Money, like money we spend.”

Another sentence that I like was “I got my name from the older guys and my neighborhood we call them OGs.”

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me One time people started to call me “Money Mo” I don’t know why but thats what they called me.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I like your name people gave you.

Almost similar

CAnderson's picture
Submitted by CAnderson on Thu, 2014-10-09 12:51.

Dear Dashawn:

I am happy with your poem, "Popular Name ," because people love my name but ours is almost similar to my because when people see me they start saying my name.And you when people see you they start saying”Money One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "I really like that name so I wear my name like people wear sneakers.I like when people call me money.It makes me feel rich." I think this is good because when you you sees them you get happy and when you hear you nickname you be like yes that’s me.

Another sentence that I saw early was when you said :Around my neighborhood,I have seen a lot of why they call me money. " This stood out for me because where I live when people see they say my name and even my when neighbors see me they say HI CORREANN. Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me. One time we went to church with my dad and everyone kept calling my dad “chromosome “ I didn’t know why they kept calling him that. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I liked this poem.

Dear Dashawn I am excited

mvalerio's picture
Submitted by mvalerio on Thu, 2014-10-23 13:34.

Dear Dashawn
I am excited about your poem, "popular name ," because I wish I was rich like other people some people are poor and don’t have money.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “they call me Money" I think this is nice because it is nice to have a nickname.I also have a nickname.
Another sentence That’s one of the reasons I got my name.That stood out for me because When I got my name I ask my mom that why I got my name.
Your poem reminds me of something that happened to me. One Time that people used call me Mari and Marie and they still called me those names, but I like it because I have a nickname.
I look forward to seeing what you write next, because your poem is really interested and keep writing more poem’s