Dear Mr. President,
Poverty is an issue that is taking place all over our country. It is an extremely harmful issue in that it is effecting children, tennager, adults, and seniors. This should be a concern of your because the children now are going to be the future of our society and with them struggling through their whole lives with nothing, they are going to have kids with nothing and then we will never make it out of poverty as a whole.

Poverty is envisioned as homeless people on the streets and others that have no money. In our society today people think that the worst poverty is in the large cities like NYC, Detroit, and Chicago. Why yes it horrible there but there are cities that are at an extremely worse point. Some of these cities are Las Vegas, Phoenix, Las Angeles, and Buffalo.

So many factors are in play with poverty. But the most significant would be the cost of living. Our US government has been trying to raise the minimum wage so people struggling can start to stand back up on their feet and start living the life that they have always dreamed of living.

To get over the US facing poverty we are going to have to start creating more and more social programs and cut down the cost of living. As o f July 2016, the rate of unemployment is 4.9% . The obvious way to fix this problem would be for someone to create jobs.

With you being the next and upcoming president I believe that it is in your best interest to start to create jobs. There are plenty of things that could use more help. For an idea, you could create jobs that have to do with fixing/repairing roads, sidewalks, and bridges. In the city that I live in the roads could use some fixing!

Image result for poverty

http://www.123rf.com/photo_6292783_poverty.html

image_printPrint this page.

Author

0 0 votes
Rate This Post
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
2 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Kait
September 29, 2016 10:11 pm

Emily–

I really enjoyed reading your piece and I agree with everything you said wholeheartedly. Poverty is a very important issue in our world I feel that people forget about it because most people aren’t in this situation. I think your ideas to fix and work on this issue are very possible and great ideas. I think that if we can get more people to be aware of all the poverty in our nation we can start applying these ideas and put them into action.

Tomas
September 27, 2016 10:22 pm

Dear Emily :
I am very happy with your letter, “Poverty,” because poverty is a big issue in the United States and most of the people that suffer of it do not not know how to react to it or what to do.
One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “It is an extremely harmful issue in that it is effecting children, tennager, adults, and seniors. This should be a concern of your because the children now are going to be the future of our society” I think this is accurate because kids are the future of this society and we need to make sure they grow up with the proper education and the necessity to grow up and be the best they can be.
Another sentence that I liked was: “So many factors are in play with poverty. But the most significant would be the cost of living. Our US government has been trying to raise the minimum wage so people struggling can start to stand back up on their feet and start living the life that they have always dreamed of living.” This stood out for me because this is true we can not progress in this society if the Government keeps on bringing us down every time we are about to stand up economically, and the Future president should really try to help us with that.
Your letter reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I wrote a letter similar to yours and that was a total disaster but your letter is really good, just need to check a little bit of your spelling but other than that your letter is great.
Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this is a serious issue going on and we need to start writing up to the people in charge to help us change some of this poverty and help us have a good and secure future.

Youth Voices is an open publishing and social networking platform for youth. The site is organized by teachers with support from the National Writing Project. Opinions expressed by writers are their own.  See more About Youth VoicesTerms of ServicePrivacy Policy.All work on Youth Voices is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

CONTACT US

Email allisonpr@gmail.com Call or Text 917-612-3006

Sending
Missions on Youth Voices
2
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account