Pure

by: Katie J.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pure+water&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=621&source=lnms&t

My name has the meaning of pure and was given to me by my father.
The name Katie represents something as clear as water, a glimmering light.
But does that represent who I am today? I have not discovered that yet.
I would not be considered as pure as a drop of honey from a beehive nor as pure as an element.
I am certainly not perfect, but my personality, my looks, my everything is genuine.
I count that as pure, and that’s all that matters.
My parents say my name is special but it was more of like a last resort to them.
don’t get me wrong, how my name came to be is not as bad as it sounds.
They wanted to name me Katelyn, however it was taken by my cousin.
They then wanted to name me Kathryn, but that was taken too.
So, their last idea of a name was Katie, which was as close as they could do.
My name is like someone’s quick decision or a simple fix.
However, I do not want to change my name, I think it suits me better than any other.
The meaning gives me a little sparkle, a little shine.
On the other hand, If I were to pick a name it would be an interesting one, a name that is rare or uncommon.
I think a name with a meaning of love would make more sense, though.
I was born on the day before Valentine’s day after all.
Even so, this name is as always, the perfect one for me.
Although my name does not have any true special meaning behind it, everyone likes it nevertheless.
It contains that loved letter “K” that my dad’s family adores so much.
I think just receiving my name from my parents gives it just the right amount of “special” that it needs.

Katie

Submitted by katybonacci on Mon, 2015-12-14 15:23.

Hi Katie! This post was especially fun to read because we share the same name! However, I spell my name Katy insed of Katie. As far as content, the information you conveyed to me and other readers was good and fun to read, but it might have been a little bit easier to read if you had clear paragraph structure. Other than that I really enjoyed reading your post! I also found a web page that has some fun facts on the name Katie! Here it is: http://www.behindthename.com/name/katie

Hi Katie, I liked your

Submitted by Katie Lee on Mon, 2015-12-14 15:23.

Hi Katie,
I liked your information on your name! It was interesting to read because my name is also Katie. I liked learning more about the name Katie, I'm glad that it means something really special to you and your family.

I loved how you made

Submitted by kenyaclark on Tue, 2015-12-15 15:08.

I loved how you made something so great come out of your name. Everyone should be proud of who they are and where they come from, no matter how extravagant their name is. Katie, although a somewhat common name, is a pure name with a 'lil sparkle. In fact, my best friends name is Katie and I think she is one of the purest people I know. She's honest and kind, and we tell you what you need to know, even if it's hard to accept. She's a true friend, just like I'm sure you are. Once again, nicely done, I loved this little entry.