Jimmy and Sasha reminded me to have faith!

by: mcollier
Jimmy Gary Jr.

Jimmy Gary Jr. and Sasha Santiago came to New Directions on Tuesday, March 15.  They spoke with Cohort 2 in 4th period.  They talked about chasing their dreams as artists and filmmakers.  They also spoke about doing good deeds.  

"Paying it forward."  

Jimmy spoke about how one time he dropped all is papers in Times Square.  Then a woman on the street helped him on the street.  Jimmy stressed that acts of kindness can give you the strength and support to succeed because the favor will be returned.  This reminded me to have faith in others and that things will work out even when I am at a low point.

Another quote that stuck out to me from the speech was when Jimmy spoke to Justin.  Justin said his dream was "to play college basketball."  Jimmy then spoke about how everyone has a dream, but to succeed "you need a plan."  This surprised me because Jimmy was very honest with Justin about making his dream come true.  I notice too many people have dreams, and they stay that way, like dreams.  To make it a reality, you need specific action plans to make sure it comes true.  Do you agree with me?

dear mr Collier

Submitted by avillanueva on Wed, 2016-03-16 09:27.

Dear mr.collier

I am happy with your post “ Jimmy and Sasha reminded me to have faith” Because Jimmy and Sasha did tell us to have faith. Also that they are very famous and they came to our class to only talk to us.

One sentence that you wrote that stands out to me is “Jimmy stressed that acts of kindness can give you the strength and support to succeed because the favor will be returned.” This was nice because Jimmy said that no matter what happens to have faith.

Another sentence that you wrote that I liked was “Jimmy then spoke about how everyone has a dream, but to succeed’’ This stood out to me because Jimmy believes that we could succeed.

This post reminded me of the last time that Jimmy came to our class. He said that why are we doing nothing just do something.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want Jimmy and Sasha to come one more time to talk to us all.