Rama

by: rama24

Depending on what language you look at it, my name would mean a few different things. The name is originally from the arabic language. It means that you were born in the month of Ramadan, even though that is false.

I was born at the beginning of the year, in January and Ramadan is in the middle of the year, around June/July. Ramadan does change every year though. It goes back a few days every year so maybe in a few years it will be in January and it’ll make sense. I used to be made fun of in elementary because of my name and even sometimes nowadays I do. I've never really liked being called Rama.

There is one cool thing about my name. All the children in my family have a name that ends with ‘a’. Lama, Rama, Seema, and Hamza. Almost all of us have ‘ma’ except for my little brother but we still have the ‘a’ in common. Mine also rhymes with my older sister, Lama, who I don't really get along with. I will probably one day change my name, but for now I'll embrace it.

Dear Rama: I am entertained

Submitted by vfarmer on Thu, 2014-10-09 13:48.

Dear Rama:

I am entertained by your prose poem about your name “Rama”. I like this because you describe how your name is from an Arabic language, and how it was in the month of Ramadan (Arabic month/holiday). This is also cool because you are honored dearly because you were born on the month of that holiday.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “There is one cool thing about my name. All the children in my family have a name that ends with ‘a’. Lama, Rama, Seema, and Hamza”. That is so cool and such a coincidence. This makes me wonder how can you and your siblings tell the difference between all of you guys names.

Another sentence you wrote that stands out for me is:Ramadan does change every year though. I want to know how that works and what Ramadan really is about. How does you being born on the month of Ramadan affect your personal life?.

Your post really doesn't remind me of anything that happened to me, but it does remind me of some of my cousins. Your post reminds me of some of my cousins because they all have names that start with a “D”. So sometimes I get confused because their names all sound similar, just like you and your siblings the ma with the same “ma” at the end.

Thanks for your writing I look forward to seeing what you write next because because you seem interesting.