In Reaction to The Man behind the Mosque

by: monotone4

Frontline is current events news program that airs weekdays on the television channel of PBS. Although the program is not as watched as much as 60 minutes or the nbc nightly news, It is a quite informative program that cover news on a variety of topics. One these topics covered by the program recently was about the issue of a proposed New York City Islamic community center that was quickly changed into it’s more familiar name, The “Ground Zero” mosque.

Watching the program a few weeks ago was quite an interesting experience. This Report covered the entire story from the center’s developmental origin to the controversy it still is today; covering the story from multiple sides including the original designers of the center to families still grieving over their lost loved ones who died during September 11, 2001.With this amount of depth, the segment really tried to give audience member the full story about the conflict with facts rather than rumors and spin that they might have previously heard about the issue.

Titled The Man behind the Mosque, this program really seemed to be different from others I have seen in the recent past in the way it really made the audience member think. Wither believe the Islamic community center in New York should be able to be constructed or not, the report makes you think critically and consider all the facts and details before coming to a decision.

While I personally came to the conclusion that the community center had the right to be built for multiple reasons, one could be able to make an equally supported argument against the community center based on the same facts the video provides. Overall, I believe that it was an informative program that made me think critically about an issue and want to watch more frontline episodes in the future

Frontline Episode Man Behind The Mosque: http://video.pbs.org/video/12782919

Dear monotone4,I really

BECA13_MENNAALLAH's picture
Submitted by BECA13_MENNAALLAH on Thu, 2011-11-17 21:53.

Dear Aaron,
I really liked your post,"In Reaction to The Man behind the Mosque," because it described the episode of Frontline very well without giving details about it.
When you said that the episode tells the story of the Islamic Cultural Center, which was to be built near Ground Zero, by "covering the story from multiple sides including the original designers of the center to families still grieving over their lost loved ones who died during September 11, 2001" really stood out to me. I think this is a compelling description of the episode which made me want to watch it.

Another part which I really liked was when you said that "this program really seemed to be different from others I have seen in the recent past in the way it really made the audience member think." That statement is attractive because it made me wonder how the show presented the issue so fairly.

After watching the episode, "In Reaction to The Man behind the Mosque," I completely agree with your opinion on Frontline. It truly does present both sides of the conflict by allowing both family members of 9/11 victims and Sharif El-gamal, the man whose idea it was to build the Islamic cultural center, to tell their stories from their perspectives.
Thank you for writing this post, and I look forward to reading more of your posts because you summarize ideas well without actually giving all the details. Also, your comments on Frontline presented the show in a positive light that makes readers want to watch the show.