Read the Warnings
Warnings have been placed on many magnetic toys to warn people about the dangers of young children playing with them. Magnetic balls called Buckyballs are meant to be stress relievers for adults.
However, a three year old girl swallowed 37 of these balls in mid-February. They gathered in her intestines and all stuck together. The girl complained of flu-like symptoms and her parents eventually took her to the doctor to discover the problem. The girl is expected to make a full recovery.
The moral of this story is to listen to the warnings placed on small objects like these. The companies usually know what they’re talking about when they say their product could be dangerous to small children. Don’t give your children tiny toys that could be life-threatening to them.