Recycle

by: A.Clayton

"Recycling is the process of taking a product at the end of its useful life and using all or part of it to make another product."  (Earth: 911)

American's produce so much garbage everyday.  And half of all the garbage can be recycled.  But we as American's are so lazy about recycling.  Even in my own home sometimes it just seems easier to throw the recyclables away when in the back of my mind I am thinking this could easily be recycled if I just walked to the recycling bin.  If we were all more informed about recycling and its benefits I think many more people would be more willing to walk that extra few yards to recycle.

"Recycling involves processing used materials into new products in order to prevent the waisting of potentially useful materials, reduce the consumption of fresh raw materials, reduce energy usage, and reduce air and water pollution. Recycling is a key component of modern waste management and is the third component of the reduce, reuse, recycle hierarchy." (wikipedia)

Dear, A Clayton I love your

Submitted by bfall on Thu, 2009-10-08 22:15.

Dear, A Clayton

I love your post, "Rec ycle," because I relly care about our planet, and I think everyone shoul recycle. I love to recycle and many people does not know why they should recycle.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "If we were all more informed about recycling and its benefits I think many more people would be more willing to walk that extra few yards to recycle." I think this is true because as we see many people really do not care about the planet at all. I think they shoul make a place so people can recycle easier.

Another sentence tha I like was: "And half of all the garbage can be recycled." This stood out for me because I know that everyday when I look at the garbage can , most of it should be recycle, like , newspaper, soda bottle, soda cans....

Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time my mom and I had a discussion about recycling. My mom think that she should not waste her time recycling, whis I thing was wrong. Still my mom does not recycle, even that she know the meaning, she just don't do it.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I think that we are on the same page and feeling about recycling,  why is important, and people should do it.