Reducing the Chance to Cheat

by: ostart

A requirement to applying to most colleges, junior and senior students have to take either the ACT or SAT exam. This standardized test helps colleges get a better assessment on the students knowledge and can help the accepting or denying decision process. Unfortunatly, there will always be kids that find a way to cheat the system. Most recently, a group student in Long Island are suspected of doing just that. This has lead to a reevaluation of the security that students have to go through to take the tests. The most common way to cheat is to submit an ID with the correct name but with a picture of who is actually taking the test instead.

Starting next fall, there will be new requirements to avoid the availability there is for students to cheat. As a person registers to take the test, they will have to submit a headshot that will then appear on their ticket. Although it may seem like you can still submit a false photo under a name, the head shots will then be sent to the students high school to be checked. Before, results were sent to the students home. From now on they'll be sent to the high school for the head shots to be checked on more time by guidance counselors.

Students that have studied and prepared for the tests have all been treated unfairly if there are other students that score better without doing the work. In the future the problem of cheating may not be eliminated but can be reduced through this system.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gw-svp30kT6LFSSZ5uhhKL...