A Reflection about the Future from Barack Obama's Hope Speech

by: 14mehtan
Favorite authors
Career goals

"That we are in the midst of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war, against a far-reaching network of violence and hatred. Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age. Homes have been lost; jobs shed; businesses shuttered. Our health care is too costly; our schools fail too many; and each day brings further evidence that the ways we use energy strengthen our adversaries and threaten our planet." -Obama's Inauguration Speech

President Barack Obama said this on January 20th, 2009 when giving his speech when being sworn in for president.  I think this means a lot for the future of America.  I think this intends that there are so many things to be done and changed.  It shows that we have to fix the economic crisis, go green, decrease the cost of health care and create more jobs for people.   I think this means in the future we have a lot to do and we have to sort of start a new page.  We have to plan and start to confront our personal issues.  I think Obama plans to help us focus on these issues and correct them which will work great for us. 

I feel that from this quote in the future Obama plans to solve these issues since it plays a good part in his speech. Not only that but in the future i think we all plan to start on a new area so we wont have to go through this again.  I feel that this whole recession is causing this big circle of issues that need to go away.  They will go away but I feel it will take some time.  But like Obama said in his speech that they will be solved.  So in the future there is going to be a whole different era...a better more significant era in USA history.  

What can children do?

mbrownstone's picture
Submitted by mbrownstone on Sat, 2009-01-24 06:52.

When you refleted on Obama's speech, you mentioned that you see Obama solving a lot of problems in the future. I wonder if you can imagine what part children can play in this change?

Madeline Brownstone BSGE Teacher

Obama is an exceptional

Submitted by 11paulk on Mon, 2009-02-23 10:04.

Obama is an exceptional speaker with an extraordinary rhetoric. The country is facing a seemingly insurmountable problem with the economy and war. The economy is suffering from a lack of confidence from laid off and crestfallen Americans. Obama has the potential to increase confidence and stabilize the emotional aspect of the economy, and this can lead to a successful presidency. Like FDR said, the only thing we must fear is fear itself, and Obama has made some bold statements like that as well.