Republicans Say To "Think Twice," Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/us/as-marijuana-becomes-legal-in-washington-co

According to the recent article that I read from the New York Times, Republicans have warned Obama to think twice about legalizing marijuana in the U.S. As the possession and use of marijuana became legal in Washington D.C. this past month, republicans in the House and Congress say that they are going to continue to work to prevent residents from possessing small amounts of marijuana. "What is more, the district already decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana last year, making the new ability for residents 21 and older to legally possess two ounces a bit of a snore," the article continues. Residents are also not allowed to smoke in public nor on federal land. There continues to be major debate amongst states and the people.

Sarah, I think this is an

Submitted by Emmashear15 on Tue, 2015-03-31 14:12.

Sarah,

I think this is an interesting topic, mainly because it has been a topic that relates to our age as well as adults. I can see both points of view and I think it is important to keep talking about. I think it will be hard to get America to decide on one result it is something that is very controversial and I think will take a long time to come to a conclusion. Good luck on your paper!

Really interesting

JackSwillinger's picture
Submitted by JackSwillinger on Sun, 2015-04-12 22:32.

This topic is really cool because it seems that one must take a side on this controversy to be able to talk about whether it is ok to legalize marijuana or not. As Emma already stated I highly agree that this topic relates to not only our age group but also the older age groups. This is significant I think because as our generation has strayed away from political standpoints on moral and social issues, older generations stick to their guns on issues like this. Really great post, I look forward to what else you draw up on this topic!

I'm not into politics, but I

Submitted by zarch2018 on Thu, 2015-05-28 13:56.

I'm not into politics, but I know that I'm not a big fan of Obama. I don't really like talking about that topic, because it bores me. But i can tell you do, so stick with the good writing.