Research Discussion Part 2

by: AlysaB
Abusive Realationships, signs and signals

Here are some of the things I learned from my research today:
-While some people who were abused in the past can go on to become abusers the vast majority do not. I’ve seen from ⅔ to 90%.
-those who do go on to abuse were likely influenced by multiple factors, such as age, environment, empathy and rf factor.
-Some people keep falling into abusive relationships not because they attract abusive people, but because abusive people will invade another’s boundaries and break them down rather than respecting them.
-Some very early signs of an abuser in a relationship are: blaming, resentment, entitlement, superiority,pettiness, sarcasm, and rushing into things
-most abusers can hide their true nature in the dating process and even turn their bad habits into compliments for you, i.e. “You’re so smart and beautiful and funny, unlike the greedy mule I was dating before”.

As I research this topic, I feel as though it will be really difficult to find anything on body language alone. I may switch my research subject over to the idea of Multiple Victimization, or the idea that those who have been previously abused are more likely to fall into more abusive relationships.

Interesting

Submitted by Mar I Sol on Sun, 2016-04-10 12:31.

I like your research topic; it is very eye catching. I would love to find out more about this subject. Good job!! (^_^)