Responding To a Current Event

I read "Mom gets 99 years in prison for gluing tot's hands" on Yahoo news and was shocked by this news story. This article is about how a mother in Dallas Texas, beat her two year old daughter then glued her hands on a wall. Police say she kicked her daughter in the stomach, beat her with a milk jug, then stuck her hands to an apartment wall with Super Glue. Jocelyn which is the name of her daughter suffered bleeding in her brain, a fractured rib, multiple bruises and bite marks, a doctor testified. Some skin had been torn off her hands, where doctors also found glue residue and white paint chips from the apartment wall. I was particularly intrested in this news article because i cant believe a mother could do that to a child that she carried in her stomach for nine months, and gave birth to. Its important to me because i love childern so much then to find out people have the nerve to actually commit to this its sick. This article makes me question How could she beat her toddler the way she did? another question i have is will the mother ever be a fit mother if she has counseling and help? I feel that some people are not mentally fit or meant to becoming parents. It shows how people so evil dont deserve great things in life like the gift of having a child. One part of the news article that stood out for me was "
You can give Jocelyn and her brothers and sister peace," she said. "You can give them peace, so that when they're sitting around the dinner table at Thanksgiving with their big family, they're not worried that their mother is going to come walking through the door." I think this is true because a child shouldnt have to fear of living life. No child deserves to have to be treated like they're worthless if they were one in a million sperms to actually make it to the ovaries.

Good blog

Submitted by jonnyb9988 on Fri, 2012-10-12 20:00.

I really like your blog because it addresses a big issue in the world today. I ve seen stories like this and am disgusted at how someone could treat another human being like this let alone there own child. And the fact that that child, who could barely speak or walk, had to live with that mother as long as she did and who knows how long it was going on before the police got there. I don't think 99 years could ever suffice for the damage she had done.

Dear anna I am shocked with

selena24's picture
Submitted by selena24 on Fri, 2012-12-14 17:26.

Dear anna

I am shocked with this this current event because its really crazy to find out that a mother can be so cruel to a child they gave birth to. A innocent little child shouldnt pay for their parents mistakes. I understand kids can be a little crazy sometimes or they wont listen but it dosent give the parents any right to beat their kids.One sentence you wrote that really stands out to me is "  Police say she kicked her daughter in the stomach, beat her with a milk jug, then stuck her hands to an apartment wall with Super Glue." i think this is really harsh what in the world did the little girl do for the mom to do that to her, even if she did something "bad" it shouldnt be a reason for the mother to hit her child like that. She is a very sick person and she deserves to be in jail for life. Another sentence that I found very interesting was that " i cant believe a mother could do that to a child that she carried in her stomach for nine months, and gave birth to". This stood out for me because its unbelieveable a mother who carried the baby in their belly for so long could do that.