response to abortion

by: Dtoalongo

Dear Melissa T:

I liked your letter, "Abortion: Murder," because it was interesting to read your point of view about abortion. The fact that you put murder next to abortion caught my attention. I think that you have a totally different way of thinking that mine about abortion. I can understand your point but even though I believe abortion should be kept legal.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "Abortion is against many religions and you accepting abortion is making many girls turn on their religion." I think this is interesting because you are putting religion into this issue. I believe that everyone has their own religion, but just because it’s going against your religion it doesn’t mean that abortion should be prohibited. It’s not a matter of religion really, it’s what the girl thinks is right for her and the baby. It’s a girl’s choice because it’s her body and she decides what to do.

Another sentence that I disagree with was: "If she doesn’t want it than she can give it up for adoption." This stood out for me because there is many people say that. But the truth is that sometimes when girls give the child to abortion if they feel bad later on about it they might want their child back. It’s going to hurt her more than what she did. By doing abortion she knows she can’t turn back and it will only be under her conscience. The girl that commits abortion is the only one responsible and really others shouldn’t have the right to decide what she can or cannot do with her body.

I don’t agree with you that you think abortion should be prohibited. One reason I say this is because abortion is not something that is under the government to decide, its only one person who can decide. Another reason I disagree with you is because you think that abortion is murder. But it’s really not like that. Abortion is a way of preventing a baby from suffering later on in life since that person may not be prepared to be a mother and be responsible for the child. The baby doesn’t really know what life is and maybe its better that way.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I think that your points of view are interesting. Also I may not agree with you but I respect your opinion.