The right size

I've never really thought about what my name means and the history behind it, I just thought it was a popular name in the U.S and that was it. The name “Jacob” is a biblical baby name and the name has come to mean the “holder of the heel” because in the old testament “Jacob” was one of the twelve founders of Israel and was born holding the heel of his older brother. There really isn't much more to my name that I know of.

I like my name except for the fact that there are a lot of people in the world and in my school that are named Jacob. Because a lot of times in school someone will say my name but are talking to someone else named Jacob and I think they are talking to me. But I also like the name because it brings character to me. When I look at it, it seems that any other name wouldn't fit, just like trying to fit into shoes that are too small. It just wouldn't work.

My parents named me “Jacob” because they felt it was the “right fit” and really liked the name. They made a good choice. I feel like my name is better than my older brothers name “Justin”. I agree with my parents that it was the “right fit”

name

Submitted by jordanh18 on Thu, 2015-05-21 20:50.

My parents also named me because they thought it was a goof fit and sounded good. I like how your name means holder of the heel. It sounds like you are in charge of everything.