Riot in Egypt

by: pdass

Recently in English we've been studying about the crisis going on in Egypt. At first, I thought that it was any other protests and a riot going on but later on I saw people injured and violence going on. When I saw in the news the violence in Egypt i was terrified hoping not that to happen in the united states, and i also felt bad for the people living there that don't want to be involved and how they must be feeling. The news started to make me  think that the united states is not much of a help instead i feel that they are just sitting there and eating popcorn. I know that many people feel that the people there are creating a riot for no reason and violence also, but you have to understand their needs too, they are not normal of this big of change in their country because they believe it would take away there freedom from doing things that they were used to and the decrease of jibs and etc. After doing this study, i feel that the united states should go there and solve their problem(s) For example, I heard that the united states said that what ever Mubarak wanted it will be that, in fact they will pick whats rights for the people. I'm thinking why would the united states want to help this dude that is  “ fed up of being the president of Egypt”

One thing that I know for sure about the crisis in Egypt is that people are not happy and neither is the president Bark Obama because of the violence. Now I've studied my share of  U.S.History and this had happened once in china and it was very unsuccessful.I believe that there is going to be nothing to fight over. Personally, it's funny to me how i thought that our generation would not have this very low type of riot and cause such a change that it would get so many important people involved.
I did some research on Egypt. I came across this one article: <For the u.s. in Egypt> This article provided a lot of information and opinions on the crisis going on in Egypt . Some people felt that Egypt were scared of things like decrease of job opportunity's and freedom to occur for example “Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak must go, Mohamed says, but he fears that regardless of the promises, Mubarak will figure out a way to keep his henchmen in power and the brutal legacy of cruelty and torture will continue.” This statement didn't really surprise me all that much, but it did make me feel sad. It made me feel sad because they had a good point to argue and to be against something but seeing all the violence happening make me feel sad and bad for them.

In another source that I looked at was a video of Obama thinking about this http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/02/04/egypt-crisis-troops-in-riot-gear-approach-tahrir-square-early-friday/    there was this one statement that made me <nod my head in agreement  when obama was reporting. It was “violence is not the answer .This is so true , because look at it now , no change is coming down up on them. They are just getting injured and waiting to die. Obama said violence is not the answer, well instead of saying it changes to stop this and make the the “smart” generation  the U.S has to do something,
   All of this makes me think that what if it happens here? and live with out electricity, any source of technology and anything.. things wouldn't ever be the same. After thinking this i realise that the Egyptian people are probably thinking the same way . they are not the same and i believe they would ever be now.

I, too, have heard

Submitted by PHuang on Tue, 2011-02-08 09:36.

I, too, have heard about this situation in Egypt and its pretty interesting. These are the events that would be recorded and taught to our kids. This will show our future generations what to and not to do. In situations like these, the government all around the world gets a chance to learn something as well. They get the option of choosing to go help or sitting back and let their revolution end their own way. 

Based on what you said about the United States going in to help them out, I have to disagree with that. If the United States help out, they are once again butting into other people's business. The last time  we did that, it turned out to back fire. This is the Iraq War where we tried to help them and now they are bombing us.

But this other line in paragraph 3 stuck out to me. It was when you quoted Mohamed. What he said is true because once a person stays in power for too long, they get too used it and most likely over use their power for their own good. He is in power for over 30 years now, almost 9 times the limit that the American government is in power.

Overall, this was a pretty interesting essay. The topic that is based on is going to be an important topic that will be discussed in the future. It is best for us to find out all we can about this situation since you never know if something like this might happen here in the United States.

Dear Pinki, i read and

Submitted by jlima on Tue, 2011-02-08 09:48.

Dear Pinki,

i read and thought about your post, "Riot in  Egypt" because Mr. Allison assigned us to read other people's post. as i was reading your post i was agreeing with what you wrote. it is a hard life in Egypt especially with everything that is going over there. I also agree that when i first heard about this i thought to myself that it was just another riot and protest and it really wasn't very important. But then as we got deeper into the subject i was very shocked in how serious it was.

One sentence you wrote that stands our for me is "Violence is not the answer, this is so true because look at it now, no change is coming up on them". i think that this very debatable. violence is not easy to aviod in these types of situation. in society nowadays violene IS the answer and everyone thinks that violence helps them get thier point across.

Another sentence that i was very intrested in was "i'm thinking why would the united states help this dude that is fed up with being the president for egypt" because this also very debatable as well. the united states tend to stick thier nose in other people's busniess for no paticular reason also when we shouldn't be when we have our own problems to solve. it bound to happen. this country is all about trying to help other nations when we should be minding our own busniess. they should let their own president deal with his resposiblities.

Thanks for your writing. i look foward to sseeing what you write next, because this very grabbed my attention and interest me. i like how you write about issues and not make it boring when i read it, like other people's post.

Dear Pinki, I enjoyed

Submitted by omedjid on Tue, 2011-02-08 10:16.

Dear Pinki,

I enjoyed your post, "Riot in Egypt," because you brung up some very good points.  

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: "After doing this study, i feel that the united states should go there and solve their problem(s)" I think this is untrue because the US tends to get into the business of other countries, when they really have no business in them at all.

Another sentence that I was thinking about was: "One thing that I know for sure about the crisis in Egypt is that people are not happy and neither is the president Barack Obama because of the violence. " This stood out for me because everyone is upset over the violence.  But the thing is, the Egyptian government needs to take care of them themselves.

I don't agree with you that the US should get in Egypt's affairs.  One reason I say this is because since the Egyptian government is all "high and mighty", they should take care of it themselves.  

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because you brang up some very interesting points, and I would love to see what else you're gonna say.

I like your essay about the

Submitted by mshah on Tue, 2011-02-08 10:17.

I like your essay about the Egyptian protest. When I heard about the protest, I wasn’t sure of it either. I heard about it in English class and I didn’t pay attention that much because it was just not so expanded. People didn’t know about it until it became a big important protest in the history of the world.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “One thing that I know for sure about the crisis in Egypt is that people are not happy and neither is the president Bark Obama because of the violence”. I totally agree with you how Obama and the people are upset because Egypt has thirty percent of oil and United States has big trade with Egypt. We supply almost $1.3billion military supplies so we can have express pass to make our trade in market first.

Thanks for your writing. I enjoyed reading it. I m looking forward to read some more posts/essays because it share similar ideas with me.

Dear Pinki   I really like

Submitted by stacuri on Tue, 2011-02-08 13:35.

Dear Pinki

I really like your post, "Riot in Egypt" because it seems like you done your research. It seems like your also upset about the fact that people are being killed because of the protest .

One sentence that stands out for me is "One thing that I know for sure about the crisis in Egypt is that people are not happy and neither is the president Bark Obama because of the violence." I think this is sad because there is no need for violence they should of end this along time ago but the president dosent want to leave his throne what aaaaa.....................

Another sentence that really affected me " If the United States help out, they are once again butting into other people's business" This stood out to me because its true if the United States were to intervene in international affiars they can get themselves into trouble, maybe it can start a war so its better to just stay out of it.

I  do agree with you that Americans should not intervene first of they are alreday restoring there economy to be wasting lots of money and like thats Americas #1 concern they cant really waste money and they cant afford loosing more soldiers or peoples lives.

Thanks for your writing Pinki. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because it was very interesting and i see u have done your research you also have a positive attitude in your writing which makes much better to read good job pinki and keep writing like your writing

Dear

Submitted by tthomas on Tue, 2011-02-08 21:57.

Dear Pinki,

I just read your post Roit in Egypt. It was really intresting. I agreed on most of the statments you've made. However, there was one sentence that stood out for me: "The news started to make me  think that the united states is not much of a help instead i feel that they are just sitting there and eating popcorn." This sentence stood out for me because I disagree. I'm pretty sure you've made this statment because you feel the United States should get invovled. Well I took it upon myself to do some research and found out some intresting information. On this link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Egyptian_protests#Foreign_relations) it states: " both Israel and Egypt receive billions of dollars in aid annually from the United States, with Egypt receiving over US$1.3 billion of military aid each year in addition to economic and development assistance". I honeslty don't think the U.S should get invovled but prior to me learning about this funding, my concerns about this grows even stronger. If the U.S is funding billions of dollars on helping the Egyptian economy, why should we get involved? Just so we could spend even more money? And possible lose lives? I don't think so.

Yes, I do agree it is a very emotional moment right now for others, but I think that the people of egypt should be able to protest if they live within a corrupt government. I liked the fact that you've mentioned previous revolts: "Now I've studied my share of  U.S.History and this had happened once in china and it was very unsuccessful". I think that even though people may look at these riots as being an abonimation, it's happening for a reason. It's not  a waste of time if 2 billion people come out of their homes and protest agaisnt the government.