Off-Roading

by: tscr3147

Off-roading

I go off-roading every year and it’s a blast. I mainly go to the desert like Ocotillo, truck heaven, and Gordon’s Wells. I like to go because it helps me relax and forget everything. When I do go I like to ride my ATV or a truck.

Off-roading is a term for driving a specialized vehicle on unpaved roads, such as sand, gravel, riverbeds, mud, snow, rocks, and other natural terrain.  One off-roader told me, “These terrains can sometimes only be traveled by vehicles designed specifically for off-road driving (such as heavy-duty trucks and equipment, SUVs, ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, mountain bicycles) or vehicles that have extra ground clearance, sturdy tires, and in some cases, front and rear locking differential”.

My favorite type of off-roading in rock crawling which is a highly technical category of off-roading. Vehicles are typically modified with larger than stock tires, suspension components that allow greater axle articulation and changes in the differential (mechanics) gear ratio in order to provide the ideal high torque/low speed operation for rock crawling to traverse obstacles. It is quite common for a rock crawler to have a spotter - an assistant who will go on foot alongside or in front of the vehicle to provide information to the driver on obstacles or areas of terrain that the driver may be unable to see.

I think off-roading is the best way to see how far your vehicle will go like how strong and fast it is.

nice off roading is really

Submitted by ades6211 on Thu, 2010-05-27 09:56.

nice off roading is really fun.