Romeo and Juliet

by: 20breent

Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet" is about two rivals who fall in love with each other. AT the end, the girl (Juliet) has a plan to escape her marriage with Count Paris. Romeo does not know of the plan and kills himself because it looks like Juliet killed herself. When Juliet awakens, she finds Romeo actually dead and kills herself. My Scratch animation is a somewhat simplified version of "Romeo and Juliet".
Scene 1 is a fight scene between two of Capulet's servants and two of Montague's. Prince Escalus then comes in and breaks up the fight.
Scene Two is where Count Paris breaks the news to Capulet that he wants to marry Juliet.
Scene three is about how Lord Capulet tells his servant to invite everyone to his ball. The servant does not know how to read, so he asks Romeo to help him in exchange for help to sneak in to the party.
Scene four is about how Romeo sees Juliet and instantly falls in love with her. He then finds her and kisses her.
After scene 4 i din't finish because it was 3 AM and I was very tired and aggrivated.

This was cool! It must have

Rachelstruhs's picture
Submitted by Rachelstruhs on Sun, 2015-03-22 18:03.

This was cool! It must have taken a lot of work to make. It's really difficult to translate Shakespeare into modern day English but you did it wonderfully! That's impressive that you stayed up that late trying to finish it. I like what you have so far, good job!

Really neat project

Submitted by hrodgers on Sun, 2015-03-22 20:05.

I really liked your unique project on Romeo and Juliet, its something I have never seen before. I can only imagine how long it took to make or even find the appropriate backgrounds, but I think you ended up doing a really good job with that aspect. Each background perfectly complemented each scene and characters. I also liked how summed up and clear each scene was, its a great summary of the play itself for those who haven't read it. I would really like to see you finish the entire play and just see what that would look like, whenever you have time of course. Keep doing what you're doing!