Romeo and Juliet

by: grantw18

I think that Romeo and Juliet is a little creepy in the sense that they met each other, fell in love, and got married in a matter of hours. But I think the thing that makes it weird is our culture and social acceptance and how different it is to the story's. If this sort of thing happened today nobody would think twice about acting on impulse and it wouldn't seem weird. Also in Romeo and Juliet I find the dialect they use hard to understand but again it's just apart of the culture, overall Romeo and Juliet was a very intriguing story and I would recommend it to you.

I had a similar discussion

ewan's picture
Submitted by ewan on Thu, 2015-03-26 08:02.

I had a similar discussion where I said the same thing. Like a day after they meet they are getting married. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Then again like you said it's in the culture of that time period.

I found it creepy too. No one

Submitted by rama24 on Thu, 2015-03-26 09:52.

I found it creepy too. No one would ever meet one day and then get married the day after they met unless it's arranged or something like that. How is love at first sight even possible? Love at first sight would be loving what you saw. I just think that the story isn't really realistic.